Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the post if it has already been stated. However, I'm interested in installing NOS on my hatch however would like to know if there is a how-to or if someone can post a how-to. I would also like to know the safest, safest, safest way to use NOS without really having to worry about messing my car up. I heard of window switch and I have heard running a 50 shot wet set-up is the best. Is their lower shots? If so, is it worth it? What kits are out there that include a totally packaged safe set-up for a reasonable price? I have searched and have seen some answers to questions that I have scattered but would like to see some picture set-ups and more detail. Bottom line, CAN SOMEONE DO A HOW-TO WITH PICS AND STICKY IT? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
nitrous is easy to install.

nitrous express is the best kit out imo. best nozzles. best jets. best solenoids.

the install is virtually the same on every car.

1. mount the bottle. most people do the trunk.
2. drill a hole or find a grommet in the trunk to run the nitrouse line through. once your through, run it along the fuel line and into the engine bay.
3. mount your solenoids. i'd mount them somewhere close to the intake manifold but an easy place is on the firewall.
4. mount your nozzle. you want to drill a hole into the intake 6" before the throttle body. once done, install the nozzle with some thread sealer.
5a. connect the nitrous lines to the fuel rail. our car has a schrader valve so you won't need a "T" fitting.
5b. connect the lines from the nozzle to the solenoids
6. complete your wiring. reference your instructions from the kit

i wouldn't run a window switch just because it's added electronics and on our car, it's just another hassle. an easy way is to get a switch to arm the system and use a WOT switch attached to the gas pedal.

Nitrous Express All Import EFI Stage 1 is the kit i'd recommend.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so it is basically the same as the Cry02 install, correct?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
yeah

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is there any other ways besides drilling a hole in a CAI?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
no....that's what makes a wet kit wet. the nozzle sprays nitrous in the intake track.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, thanks

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Actually what makes it a wet kit is it supplies fuel in addition to the nitrous. The fogger nozzle injects both n2o and fuel. You will need to tee off of your fuel line to install it. But, yeah, the best or most common way it to drill into your CAI. You would not want to use a dry kit-which only sprays n2o-on our cars. There are a couple posts out about this subject, do "Zex kit" in your search for the most recent one.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys for all the good info. Definately getting a better picture

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
You can tell I'm tired, I just told you to do a search for zex kit and you are the person I'm talking to in that post, also. lol. Well, any other questions feel free, but I guess we need to pick a post and use just one. Probably this one for the install and the other for the kit info. lol

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ahhh I just noticed you are a myrtle beach resident. My grandparents live there, I go down almost every summer. I love it over there, especially by the strip on the beach. Sorry for going off topic.

Back on topic, so a progressive controller shoots boost in intervals or at certain set rpms?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
you dont have to use a T on our cars. just hook into the schrader valve.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
The controller I'm using, you set a starting % and an ending % then you set the time you want it to take to get from that starting % to your ending %. So, when you hit 3krpm or whatever rpm you set it to start at, it will release example:20% and as you accelerate for your set amount of time say 3.7sec., it will gradually increase within that time period to the final 100% and hold that percent until it cuts off. The good thing about it is the window switch is built in-you know the thing that won't let it cut on unless you are in a safe rpm range that you also set, and also will cut it off once you reach your set peak rpm. I like mine to cut off right before my shift point, way before the oem revlimiter-fuel cut-. You will have a main power switch and a WOT switch attached to the pedal-I had a nice trick to this switch. That way even if your main power is on and you are over your starting rpm, if you are not at wot it will not activate. Or if you are wot and shooting n2o, and you have to slow down, the wot switch will cut everthing off.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice, so it does both. I cant wait, I think I'm going to start looking around now and slowly start building my kit up. So by the time summer roles around, my car will be not one to mess with. I'm buying some suspension mods very soon. After that, its all NOS. Thanks man, maybe if I drive down to MB this year I'll meet up with ya.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
That sounds cool, I should have alot more free time in the summer. modified 3's are hard to find around here. I seen a couple but they looked completely stock. Lots of Hondas and other imports though. I biuld my n2o kit for about 3-4months before I installed it. But, I was starting from scratch with not much help. I can help get you up and running by summer and then we can smoke some of the cars around here.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
there needs to be more people like you in this world. I think by 3-4 months I could have the same setup as well. Hmmmm

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
I've been thinking about installing a 55 shot kit myself. There's a guy in Orlando that runs a 75 shot and does the 1/4 in 13.7... :shock:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
[quote author=lc link=topic=70193.msg1228273#msg1228273 date=1172274348]
I've been thinking about installing a 55 shot kit myself. There's a guy in Orlando that runs a 75 shot and does the 1/4 in 13.7... :shock:
[/quote]

yea i seen him at the track one night and i can vouch for that...but he was a little cocky and drove through the local car meet that happens afterwards and started holdin up money saying he bets that he can beat everyone out at the meet :shock:
but i give him credit on running the 13.7

1 - 20 of 31 Posts