Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am in the process of looking for a new car and the Mazda 3 is one of my top choices. There are 2 models I am looking at right now...the S Touring and the GT (MT of course). I like that the GT has HID's and you can get the BOSE upgrade. On the other hand the S Touring would be cheaper. Those of you who have the GT...was it worth the extra $$$? Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would have liked to have gotten the BOSE speakers , the xenon headlights and the Navigation.... but i didn't want leather seats. It's too hot in Texas , they're not the greatest leather [not bad either though] and i didn't want to pay the extra money it costs for leather seats i didn't want.

That being said , i went with the S-Touring and i love it . So far i haven't regretted the decision at all . I love the cloth seats....[One of my favorite things actually] . The factory speakers are good enough for me and i'll probably never miss the xenon headlights i wanted. Not only that but i saved money and now that i've had the car a few weeks i'm 100% satisfied with everything that came with it . Some of the extras of the Grand Touring are nice but things like the rain sensing wipers and the climate control i don't really care anything about so it ultimately comes down to your personal preferences and what you're willing to spend your money on. . Remember ,the cars look identical from the outside. :D

If you've got the money , like leather seats , and want the few extra features the Grand Touring has then i would go ahead and get it. I'm sure you'll like everything about it and be happy with your purchase.

For me personally , it was a Leather Vs. Cloth thing...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Also got the S Touring because I just didn't want to spend the money on the extra stuff they offer in the GT. I've NEVER liked auto climate on a car and just didn't need the leather seats or upgraded sound system. What I really wanted was the additional curtain airbags, 6-cd changer and sunroof - all things you can get with the touring edition.

And now that we can unlock the fuel computer there's one more nice feature you don't have to pay for. :)

You just gotta ask yourself how much you want the extra stuff in the GT. What you WON'T get is any added performance.

·
Registered
131 Posts
[quote author=danaceau link=topic=71608.msg1260062#msg1260062 date=1173559018]
Also got the S Touring because I just didn't want to spend the money on the extra stuff they offer in the GT. I've NEVER liked auto climate on a car and just didn't need the leather seats or upgraded sound system. What I really wanted was the additional curtain airbags, 6-cd changer and sunroof - all things you can get with the touring edition.

And now that we can unlock the fuel computer there's one more nice feature you don't have to pay for. :)

You just gotta ask yourself how much you want the extra stuff in the GT. What you WON'T get is any added performance.
[/quote]

ditto, the only thing i was really missing were the headlights, but heck, for a couple hundred more i can put my own in. I wanted the leather, so i upgraded to that. but the BOSE IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY in my opinion. $500 can get you a bumpin system.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
i think it's worth it, for the S GT, if you can afford the little extra payment. what does it work out to be over 3 years or 5 years?

suprisingly, heated seats are nice, even here, especially early morning or nights with the moonroof open.

the lights are nice, and we don't have to go to the trouble of installing later (but it's nice to have the options). i lower them one notch out of courtesy, unless it's really dark...

auto-everything?, meh, i guess it's good for resale.

i took the only WWP hatch I could find, and it was everything I needed in a car. :love:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I own a GT and to be honest, the only reason I got it was the heated leather seats and xenons. I don't like the BOSE and the auto everything doesn't work nearly as well as one would hope imo. So if you like what its got, by all means get it, but it would otherwise be a waste of money.

·
Registered
330 Posts
This is the tough scenario for me before too.
What I like about GT is the LED tail light and HID headlight.
What I dislike about GT is leather (too cold during winter and heater seat doesn't help much. too hot in the summer). What I don't need is the climate control. Never use it. Rain sensing is ok.

I can go with S and go aftermarket with HID, but then I don't have warranty for it.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
[quote author=07m3guy link=topic=71608.msg1265954#msg1265954 date=1173834847]

This is the tough scenario for me before too.
What I like about GT is the LED tail light and HID headlight.
What I dislike about GT is leather (too cold during winter and heater seat doesn't help much. too hot in the summer). What I don't need is the climate control. Never use it. Rain sensing is ok.

I can go with S and go aftermarket with HID, but then I don't have warranty for it.
[/quote]

i don't know mang, those seats get pretty hot pretty fast...

climate control is actually okay. i didn't need it, but it's pretty easy to keep comfortable my gf likes that it doesn't have to be blowing ice cold or not at all.

HIDs are great on a car this price, and the LEDs look awesome on the right colors. I actually like the yellow and orange tails better on Black.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got the S touring with the moon roof/cd changer and I wish I had just gotten a GT. The price of the touring with moon roof would have been about the same as a plain GT. I never use the cd changer and hardly use the moon roof. I would have loved the Xenon and all the other goodies you get with the GT. But i'm still very happy with me car. Plus i'm moving to Santa Barbara in a couple weeks, so maybe i'll get to use the moon roof a bit more :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
[quote author=BetaB link=topic=71608.msg1267197#msg1267197 date=1173893073]
SB! Damn traffic, housing prices, don't get me started......
[/quote]

Is the traffic really that bad? I'll be moving from the central valley where it was 118 degrees last summer and there is nothing to do but get drunk at a crappy bar. I think it will be an improvement. Plus I'm hoping to get a place within 5-10 miles from my work(live 20 away now). I agree with the housing prices, but I dont plan on buying a house any time soon.

·
Registered
907 Posts
GT alllll the way baby.... early 2006...I bought a tit grey HB S ...no Touring no GT...no nothing!!!. 6 months of owning a base Hatch led me back to a Mazda dealer who was kind enuff (after some haggling) to sell me a silver 06' GT HB without a dreaded sunroof and Bose....

what did I get for my $19,400 out the door price? Well..let's see: fantastic HIDs/ LEDs, auto rain wipers that actually work, auto climate control which is unarguably better than mazda's manual climate, a nifty trip computer, heated leather seats (I live in Texas and they have warmed my buns all winter)...no matter what some say....Mazda 3 leather is better than it's cloth counterpart.... I've seen bad leather...go check out an Impreza....WRX.... hmmmso let's see.... I can see better, others can see me from the back better, my buns stay warm in winter, the ac blows colder than the Touring's blower, a GT looks cooler, and it wipes it's own head when it rains.... cool beans...

Go with the GT.... if you don't need a sunroof/ bose... you can get a great deal like I did.... trying to find a manual GT w/o sunroof/ bose is the hard bit....cheers....

·
Registered
299 Posts
If I had to do it again, I'd get Grand Touring, with everything, even the Nav System. I like my car a lot.

The Touring is certainly nice though.

I wish you get seat warmers with cloth. Leather is overrated.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
Leather is a lot easier to keep clean...imo

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
[quote author=aca2983 link=topic=71608.msg1301072#msg1301072 date=1175264677]
I wish you get seat warmers with cloth. Leather is overrated.
[/quote]

Yeah, same here. I loved the seat heaters in my mother's Outback (which you can get with cloth seats), but I hate leather. I'm still looking for someone in the area that'll do an decent aftermarket install on my cloth seats.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts