Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the Ford A/Z Plan site (for which I am eligible), Mazda only provides S-Plan pricing for Ford employees and other who are eligible for the A Plan.

Has anyone out there bought a Mazda3 on the E-Plan who is really only eligible for the S-Plan (according to the site)? The S-Plan doesn't seem like such a great deal - about $500 less than what others are paying.

It's making me rethink buying one of these cars...

Thanks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
the e-plan is mazda's equivalent to ford's a-plan. it's only available to mazda employees, corporate and dealers. i don't know what you're talking about. s-plan is a great deal. this car isn't marked up very much to begin with and, surprisingly, a lot of dealers are actually discounting them. s-plan makes it 'no haggle' which i like..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply.

My issue is that Mazda should provide the same preferred pricing to Ford Employees as it does to Mazda employees. If I can buy a Ford at the A Plan price (not X Plan), then I should be able to get a Mazda for the E Plan price (not S Plan).

So all the S Plan saves me is a bit of haggling and pretending like I'm gonna walk out the door...seems to me employees oughta be treated better than that...

The car looks great and I'll likely test drive it tomorrow.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I bought mine with the E-Plan. I told them my grandfather had an E-Plan he was willing to give me so there were no price negotiations. In the end I just had to give them the E-Plan pin # and everything was good to go.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just bought it today. $200 over S-Plan. Some BS marketing charge in Chicago. They made it sound like they were doing me a favor giving me the S Plan on a 5 door...'the model year is sold out'...so I didn't feel like arguing.

3 hours later I still love it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The model year is techincally sold out, but that doesn't mean the cars won't be on the lot for sale all year... just means the factory has sold all of the allotments of cars it's making for this year to the various dealerships. At least, that's what I understand it to mean. If anyone can clairfy this, that'd be great!

BTW, my dealership is ordering me a car and it won't be in until March, but they wanted me to pay for it now? Yeah, like that's going to happen. Besides, supposidly they won't know what the S-Plan price is on the car until they have the invoice from Mazda (which I find hard to believe, but whatever).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Okay, I misunderstood what that meant.

My dealership (and others) told me I'd have to put $500 down if I ordered one, but there's no way I'd pay the whole thing before it came in. They can easily check the S-Plan price by looking at an invoice from another comparably equipped vehicle. If you want a red one with abs and a moonroof, then they can just locate a black one or white one with an abs and a moonroof. S-Plan price should be the same assuming it's w/in the state. Or just build one on Kelley Blue Book and add $100 or $200 to invoice pricing and that should be about S-Plan price.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Humm Im doing S-plan and I'm gettin mine at invoice price...why did they tell you its $200 over, I wouldnt have (they didnt try to anyhow) paid any bogus charges they threw at me because Ford still pays them compensation and holdbacks for selling at s-plan the extra charge is the sleezy car salesman's way to make a few hundred bucks off ya

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ordered a Mazda3 HB Winning Blue, 1XT, 1AB, 1MC using the ford S-plan and the $500 college grad, cool thing is they gave me the s-plan price and the $500 to make it $17861 before tax/liscensing.....thats what I'm paying for mine fyi and they are ordering it from japan since they dont have that combo in any of the 5 nearest states...so $500 down that will be applied to the price when it arrives in ~3months er now they say could be a short as 6 weeks if there is a shipment headed this way soon

·
Registered
169 Posts
Okay. I couldn't remember the exact pricing on the S-Plan. I was trying to imagine my invoice in my head, but I guess I was a little off. I paid E-Plan price for mine, but the invoice shows both prices. And, yeah, getting that $500 addt'l to the S- or E-Plan discount is nice. It's too bad they wouldn't let you combine it with Owner Loyalty to get $1,000. Although, I'm not sure if Owner Loyalty is still in effect for the 3's. Anyway...good deal on the pricing. Hopefully it's 6 weeks instead of 3 months.

·
Registered
42 Posts
E-plan is invoice plus an extra 5.3% off that.... S-plan is only thing Ford employees can get as our A-plan price doesnt apply to Mazda becase they dont own over 51% of the companys holdings. lemme see if i can find that s-plan sheet and attach it here

S-Plan Mazda Prices

dont know if it will link since its a website you have to have a username/password for

·
Registered
420 Posts
S-Plan Pre-determined price based on Mazda Employee price ("E-Plan") and noted on the dealer invoice

Mazda E-Plan + 5.3%

...........that is straight from fordpartners.com. If anyone else would like any additional info/rules/etc. on pricing or whatnot, I will gladly look it up and post it. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
so the price sheet I have is wrong? its actually cheaper than that? or do you mean invoice plus 5.3% added to the price?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Zoom~Zoom said:
E-plan is invoice plus an extra 5.3% off that.... S-plan is only thing Ford employees can get as our A-plan price doesnt apply to Mazda becase they dont own over 51% of the companys holdings. lemme see if i can find that s-plan sheet and attach it here

S-Plan Mazda Prices

dont know if it will link since its a website you have to have a username/password for
My grandpa's brother-in-law works for Ford. He gave me a pin number for the A-Plan to use for E-Plan pricing and it worked just fine. I told the dealership I had a pin for the E-Plan and would produce it upon signing the papers. I told them I got the E-Plan through my grandpa and they were fine with that. They showed me the invoice which had the E-Plan price on it. We added TT&L, subtracted my college rebate, and was done. They accepted the pin and everything was fine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jizoshula - you got lucky - first, you're not even eligible for the A Plan from Ford, much less the E Plan from Mazda. Your grandfather's brother-in-law is not an immediate family member. Second, only Mazda employees are eligible for the E Plan.

At least I still paid $1000 less than Edmunds fair market price. I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah, they thought it was my grandpa giving it to me cuz, well, he was the one who arranged for me to get it. Of course, grandpa's are immediate family members either. I read somewhere that employees had to make a list of family members who could share in the A-Plan. I assume I was put on "the list" from the brother-in-law. Beginning of the year, can make a new list? I'd planned on paying S-Plan price then the brother-in-law told us about the E-Plan. I just did what they told me. haha Well, hooray for my luck.

·
Registered
526 Posts
BMM3 said:
S-Plan Pre-determined price based on Mazda Employee price ("E-Plan") and noted on the dealer invoice

Mazda E-Plan + 5.3%

...........that is straight from fordpartners.com. If anyone else would like any additional info/rules/etc. on pricing or whatnot, I will gladly look it up and post it. :)
This is a really contradictory forum. One person say you can do this, on person says you can't. Geezus! BMM3 if you could clairfy this by posting relavant information from fordpartners.com I would appreciate.

Here's the deal. I have a friend who works for Ford and he told me that he can be me friend/family pricing on a Mazda if I'm interested. So this has to be A/E-plan right? I'm really confused... any help would be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts