Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mazda 3 has been added to the Ford Partners website with the "S" Plan pricing examples. Remember, these are examples only... but should give you a decent idea of how much it'll cost you if you're a Ford Partner.

I'm not going to link directly to the site because if you are a Ford Partner, you should have the link and your companies login already or it will be found in your companies benefits section/website.

From the example prices, seems like you could get a Mazda 3s 4Door 4spd automatic with just about everything (I left off the Navigation) for about $19,666

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Sounds nice to me! Take off that 4sp for me and that's even less... now I just need to go get a job at a ford partner...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I bought a Grey Mazda 3 S 4 Doors 4 speed auto w/ sport package, moonroof, 6 cd changers, abs braking system for about almost 20k. 19k something, but not yet 20k

I used the "S" Plan, and also recieved a 500 bucks rebate, because I'm a recent college grad.

and um.....yea, that's it.
Picking it up tomorrow! eh!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought my wifes Mazda 3 using my cousins discount. I had called and e-mailed the partners program people and was told by both that the 3 would not be included in the program. At least they were consistant in being wrong!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used the S plan, plus got a $500 owner loyalty discount. $16,659 for a 3s with sport and moonroof.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tony March in Hartford. If you go, ask for Keith Doss, and tell him that Dave sent you.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grrr... just had some slimey dealer try to up me over $800 over the S-Plan. The retail price he quoted me was $1,000 over the price they listed for the exact same car on their website, by upping me the retail price he was trying to make it look like he was giving me a great deal.

Next dealer I'm going to I'm just walking in, showing them the S-Plan price and telling them to get me as close to that number as possible, and I'll be checking them against other dealerships. Freakin greasy salesmen.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You can also use the E-Plan (the A-Plan on Ford, I think) which will be about $800 less than the S-Plan price. The actual discount will vary depending on features, of course.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think to qualify for Fords A Plan (Mazda's E Plan) you have to be an actual employee of Ford or Mazda. The S Plan is for partner companies that have a deal with Ford, like AT&T Wireless where I work.

·
Registered
169 Posts
FatMorbo said:
I think to qualify for Fords A Plan (Mazda's E Plan) you have to be an actual employee of Ford or Mazda. The S Plan is for partner companies that have a deal with Ford, like AT&T Wireless where I work.
Yeah, I think that's right. If you have a family member that works for Ford or Mazda and is willing to get you a number, then you can get the discount too. At least, that's what I did.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Anyone had any dealers say that won't sell the car at the S-Plan price? Are they able to do that? I guess to be more clear, they didn't say they wouldn't, just that the Mazda3 didn't qualify for the S-Plan price (which is a lie). Any thoughts?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My first time I went in using the S-Plan, the dealer didn't take my PIN, my company ID, or my last 4 of social like they're supposed to... he just made it seem like he didn't need it.

Then he quoted me a price and wouldn't show me the invoice (the jerk also upped the price $1000 from what the web listed to make it look like he was giving me a deal). After he wouldn't get the invoice and he didn't take any of my verification, I pretty much figured this guy was trying to take me for a ride so I called him on it. He tried to feed me some BS about how since the 3 is new its in high demand and I was still getting a good deal... whatever I got up and left.

From the FordPartner website
Eligible Vehicles
New, current model and prior model year vehicles sold in the United States (including Econoline and light trucks through E & F-350 series, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, and Mazda (S-Plan)) equipped with any regular production optional equipment, may be purchased or leased.

New prior model year vehicles may be purchased or leased from dealer stock only up to the date announced by Ford Motor Company (usually March 31 of the current year).

Ford Motor Company may, at its discretion, exclude certain models from the Partner Recognition Program.

Current excluded vehicles include F-450 through F-750 Super Duty, Mazda Speed, E-450, E-550 and Aston Martin vehicles. This list of excluded vehicles is subject to change.
If the dealers waiver at all on showing you the invoice or saying that the Mazda 3 doesn't qualify, just say right there and then that you'll go to a dealer who will cooperate with the plan and head for the door. If they don't stop you and let you walk, take your business elsewhere.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That's what I figured. I was just surprised that they came right out and said, no, we're not offering the S-Plan on that vehicle, like it was up to their discretion or something. I wasn't sure if they were allowed to exclude vehicles themselves or not, so I wanted to check with others on here before I called them on it. But like I said, probably won't be doing business with them anyway, esp if they did lie right off the bat. I'm half tempted to see what they'll say in person rather what they said over the phone. Hmmm...

I also have a question for those of you who have purchased on the S-Plan: The pricing list on the Ford Partner's website, is that what the dealer has to charge? So if I add up the cost of the options to the base price of the car and add the destination charge, I would know what the final price of the car would be before taxes/tags? Just curious!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its easy to say no to someone over the phone, working in business security it's something I do all the time :) Its much harder to tell someone no to their face... dunno why, it just is.

It's always best to do business face to face when you can. Because they have you in store, they want to keep you in store, and if you head for the door, then they realize they're about to really lose that sale.

I haven't seen a real invoice from the dealer yet because I haven't gone back to another one yet, but from everything I've seen online and at Consumer Reports new car invoice price, the FordPartner website is pretty darn close to what the invoice price should be for the options and base price.

·
Registered
169 Posts
On each invoice there are a couple lines at the bottom that list E-Plan price and S-Plan price. For my car (and I assume for others) the S-Plan price was just about invoice cost. You can check invoice costs using Kelley Blue Book. You can add whatever options you want and it will show you invoice pricing vs. msrp.
This is a direct link to the Mazda 3. The zip code won't fit where you are but if you're in the US it should give you a pretty good idea of what you're looking at. They can't screw with the S-Plan or E-Plan prices, though. Like someone said, if they won't let you see the invoice then just go elsewhere.

·
Registered
53 Posts
S-plan worked for me, but we didn't sign any S-plan agreement... Hmmm, he just gave me the S-plan pricing though!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I didn't have to sign an agreement regarding the E-Plan either. As long as you have a valid pin number I don't think there's really anything they can do about the pricing.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts