Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys.

Just put my deposit on my mz3 (in australia release on the 18th jan) i have ordered mine with Stock 18inch RX8 wheels. it took a few weeks to find a blank set to re-drill, but good ol' maz came thu trumps.

Black SP23 Sedan - stock 18inch. im happy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I will third that request. Pics are obligatory. Sounds cool. I didnt know they would do somthing like that!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
YES, please post pics and any other details you can give us.

AWESOME IDEA.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Will this fit...RX8 rims are 18*8" +50 offset I believe.

Aus spec MZ3 have 17*6.5" (someone here help me out with the stock offset??).....Could you stufff another 1.5 inches under the guards without major modification?

I love to see the pics if it is possible, it would look fantastic

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry for the delay in pics.. my car has just arrived on the boat. i have been told i can take delivery next week..

how can i get over my slight angst? im like a kid at christmas time...

ARGH!

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
shaund said:
how can i get over my slight angst? im like a kid at christmas time...
get your car :D. Well, you could always go test drive one, might give you a slight fix until you get it. I want to see those pics though. Awesome that you got the rx8 wheels stock on it-that's not fair! I'm stuck with 16s on my 6 :cry:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I bet it would look good. But you would probably get slower performance (acceleration and braking) due to the greater weight the engine has to push and stop.

·
Registered
66 Posts
MPower said:
I bet it would look good. But you would probably get slower performance (acceleration and braking) due to the greater weight the engine has to push and stop.
This would only be true if the RX-8 wheels are actually heavier. I have a feeling they would be similar in weight, since the RX is a purebread sports/GT and the Mz3 is an econobox.

Also, if tires of the correct aspect ration (profile) are used, there will be no change in the overall diameter of the wheel/tire combo, therefore, the gearing (effective final drive ratio) will not be altered.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Why Drill?

According to Tustin Mazda in Ca. both the Mazda 3 and the RX8 utilize the same bolt pattern. (5x114.3) I belive the offset is also similar...

RX8 - 42mm offset
MZ3 - 43mm ???

Ken

[/quote]it took a few weeks to find a blank set to re-drill, but good ol' maz came thu trumps.

·
Registered
191 Posts
looks good. it really shows off those disc breaks. Are those clear corners??? What badge did you put there?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SP23 badge - it comes like it. (aussie-spec)

yes clear. and got little pollished alloy surrounds - finishes it good.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts