Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish mazda would have made the mazda6 in RWD or even a AWD application. But a RWD, Turbocharged or Supercharged 3.0 V6 (300+HP) with a 6-speed manual, HID lights standard, 18in wheels standard, Bigger sway bars, Engine Strut bar, Bigger Brakes.
Or the new 3.5L Duratec motor with 275hp would be good for a all motor application with either RWD or AWD. *If only I could hit the LOTTO* :cry:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Then the 6 would really contest headon with the bimmers...

I will definitely buy an RWD 6 or an AWD 3.... the 6's power woudl make an rwd so much fun to drive...

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I don't even wanna think about the price of a RWD/AWD 2.3L turbocharged (heck make it twin-turbo), Brembo-equipped Mazda6 :)

Ok so it would be sweet, but also $$$

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah but it has the wrong engine and body model. Needs to be in a Sedan/Saloon or Hatch style for us in Canada/USA

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Take a good look at the US 6 tail lights and then look at the Euro tail lights. We got stuck with those ungly things. Post pics when I find them.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
I still have never noticed the bulge... at least, not in a bad light.

THat being said... legal issues enforce that, I do believe.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They could manage to put a reflector in the taillight assembly without the Bulge.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
dinu01 said:
AWD already exists in the 6SportWagon in Europe.
How come we don't get it?

We Americans/Canadians drive twisty wet and snowy roads too!!! :p

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Probably all a part of keeping the Mazda3 in tune with other vehicles in it's class. Putting AWD would tack on an extra $1500 and would mean more things that the Mx3 has that the Mz6 has (Mz6 owners are already mad that Xenon and Nav are available on the 3 and not the 6). That would make the 3, fully loaded with AWD, Nav, Leather, Xenon, etc close to 24k (still a nice price for that kind of content).

Volvo's S40 (based on the Mazda3 platform) will have AWD, so maybe it's a ploy to keep the two cars from competing with each other.

That said, I'd trade in a Mazda3s for an AWD Mazdaspeed3!

·
Registered
131 Posts
This is what Mazda needs to do. Sedans are great, don't get me wrong (I'm planning on buying a 3s in the not-too-distant future), but we need a two-door Mazdaspeed 6. Throw in the new Duratec 3.5L, and let Mazda tweak it a bit. Or, take the 3.0L and add a decent turbo. Adjust the interior so that the cockpits revovles around the driver. (much like a MKIV Supra, S2000, or my FD) RWD would be awesome! As long as Mazda doesn't go all form with no function on the wheels. 17x9's in the back and 17x8's in the front. 18's are useless. Just some thoughts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts