Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to run wires into the drivers side front door for my power window modulators on my 08 mz3. i took the dash off and still couldnt see where the gromet was. from outside the door, the gromet seemed to have some kind of plastic piece covering it... my question is how do i run the wires into my door so i wont see htem if i cant even see where the wires enter the door from under the dash?
help please.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You need to slide out the connector and move around some of the pins in the connector. Then you need to drill out some of the plastic without hitting any of the factory wiring. It should look like a hole in the connector when done then you can run your cable through. Without a doubt the most difficult part of my install.

·
Registered
135 Posts
This is the the annoying part, wrap a long zip tie around the end of the cables and use the ziptie to help you route the cable where it needs to go. While your at it I would run new speaker wire as well if you ever plan on running a lot of power to your speakers.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow, so it is as much of a pain in the ass as it looks, can the molex plug be removed from the outside part, bc i had a hard time finding it under the dash and im not going to drill blindly.
ps-thanx for the tips

·
Registered
778 Posts
i drilled into the plastic. it was a pain but i didnt know any other way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts