Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have rx-8 wheels with 225/40/18 on my sedan. I know many people put the prokit on and have no rubbing issues but i wanna go lower than that. My plan is the intrax springs and eibach camber kit. Does anyone see any problems with that setup? I know not too many people have intrax and I havent seen anyone with the intrax/rx8 combo.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
From what I remember, the intrax springs made even the 17x7 setups with 45mm ET rub, you may want to think about the ride quality and weight of the wheels and their effects on the car and whether or not you need to go lower compared to the expense it could cost you.

Take a look at Eibach sportlines, I think there were very few rubbing issues with them and an 18' wheel setup.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
I think Dubs had 18's sportlines and had to install camber plated on his 1st hatch too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sportlines are 1.75inch and the intrax are only 1.5 right? So then the intrax wouldnt rub if the sportlines didnt rub am I correct?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Looks like that guy is even running the stock RX8 225/45/18 tires, so thats pretty impressive if hes still not rubbing when hes that low.

·
Registered
501 Posts
[quote author=LG Paul link=topic=70261.msg1229957#msg1229957 date=1172359973]
Looks like that guy is even running the stock RX8 225/45/18 tires, so thats pretty impressive if hes still not rubbing when hes that low.
[/quote]
who said he wasn't rubbing??
bet you dollars to donuts he rubs.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
Before or after he bottoms out on a peedbump or pothole......damn thats low lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts