Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking delivery on Monday, though I had to take pictures of my car still at the dealer unprepped (giftwrapped) and F.O.B. :) Wantagh Mazda, LI New York.

Titanium S 5-sp Sedan, ABS/EBD, Moonroof/CD, and Sport Package.

EDIT: Topic renamed to show model/trim

·
Registered
314 Posts
Definitely looks like an RX-8... with pretty rusted front disks! :shock:

·
Registered
984 Posts
I like that! And I love the "gift-wrapping." lol

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
when the car gets PDI'd, they clean her up, put on the accessories and wipers.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL, my mom just saw the photos and thinks the car needs bigger wheels. OH yeah parental approval!! I'm thinking 18" with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Is that black-red two tone cloth with the titanium rpc?

The Canadian titanium secans come with the black blue. Weird

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup, its black on red ... I dunno which would look better actually, I would've gone for the leather as the solid color looks much better IMO but the payments were high enough as it is.

·
Registered
103 Posts
save some $$$$$,lol,unwrap it urself? how much did she set ya back? and what they charging ya to unwrap her ?

·
Registered
232 Posts
rpc180, didn't you take your test drive at great neck mazda? What made you decide to get it at Wantagh?....man, i knew you were into it, i didn't know you would buy it so soon....congratulations.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$17,500 for all the stuff listed. I was shopping around the island to pick one up and Wantagh already had one spec'd right on order. Long story behind this, PM if interested... otherwise, that's the short version :)

Picked her up this morning at 10am, came home, went to school, and did a little local and highway driving (80 miles overall!!!)

Highway: definate wind noise, but could hold a normal conversation without resorting to raising voice. Didn't seem to be as much tire noise as I was expecting. However, the tires seriously need to be replaced. There was a puddle at the beginning of an onramp and the tires went through them and as soon as I started to accelerate out, I felt the front tires spinning. These are the GoodYear Eagle RS-A's. Parent's aren't too keen on replacing the tires immediately though.

The 3s is FAST. I dunno how it handle itself compared to a real sports coupe (SRT-4/Corvette/etc...) but its plently fast for a 4 door compact family car. I was travelling 60mph at 3rd and there was no lack of power for overtaking or accelerating. BTW, some have been mentioning that 60 cannot be cruised at 2500RPM, I've been getting 60 at 2500 with 5th gear.

Local Driving: Excellent, it held its own and aglie and sharp when manuvering around traffic. It bounces in and out of lanes without a hiccup when the roads are dry. Also front visitbility is great! I needed 0 adjustment time to figure out its width dimensions on the road, it just fell into the center of everylane I tried. Rear visibility takes getting used to because the window is small and the C pillars are large. Also the moonroof is rediculously small. It is apparant that there is very little (if any) insulation in the wheel wells. We have lots of sand around here to get traction on teh snow and you can hear every little bit of it hit the inside of the wells.

Twisties: Awesome. I took my younger brother out with me to try some late at night. 20-30mph curves at 50-60mph in 3rd gear is quite a treat! Body roll isn't bad though is present. Both me and him loved the ride though. It pulled back and forth like no one's business. One bad note is the steering, it is really responsive and I can see how people feel the car has lost some feedback. Its not as light as a honda or acura, but its alot closer to that then the power assist of the beater I was driving before.

Interior: Seats are firm, everything adjusts including the seat belt level! More storage than you could imagine. The electroluminence is a nice effect, but some of the indicator lights do not dim with the rest of the settings, the worst is the external light indiciator which is always on if you turn on your lights. It stays a bright green even if the remaining dash is dimmed to half intensity. Carpetted dead plate will remain an endless annoyance even with a rubber mat over it, the clutch presses down totally to the floor but the warping of the rubber mat gets in its way. Would've been better if it was exposed. The brake's close to the gas pedal, and some of my shoes actually caught both pedals when I didn't want. Other stuff: Passanger seat weight sensor diables the airbag system if its less than 60lbs (for baby seats ... for me my textbooks did it and I thought there was a problem!) The lights fade on when you open the doors, classy! ALC is interesting, but I haven't set it correctly yet. There's just plenty of stuff that should be selling points mentioned!

Exterior: I've been getter props all day cause of this car! School kids, and many Mazda owners have been eyeing her. Also had a protege do a double look on me, slowing down and speeding up after seeing the symbols. I parked next to a Sentra at school, drove near a Corolla, and many Civics, and I gotta admit that this baby outstyles everyone of them.

All in all for the money its a great car, few little picks here and there but the good far outweights. Hopefully the reliability will hold up and it won't go in for problems under warranty or without cause for now, its amazing! Okay, this is long enough sorry if alot of it is just restated stuff!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Photos at home...

·
Registered
132 Posts
omg its so sexy
i just traded my titanium one to my sister and got a white one hehe
but i still give props on the color even though it just wasnt me.
It's been dry pavement down here for 2 weeks and i havent had trouble with the tires. but i will be tradeing them in anyways at discount tire. If you find a set of tires and trade in your brand new ones they give you a good ass discount. I am putting on some kuhmo's because they kick ass in the rain for some reason. WE DON'T GET SNOW

·
Registered
627 Posts
Smokin'

NOICE.

Yeah, it's unoticably fast. You can floor it and feel nothing. gotta love the tickets that's gonna give! :roll:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts