new intake manafold
new fuel pump
new spark plugs
new motor mounts
new purge solenoid
new EGR sensor
new o2 sensor
voltage tests done to all main electrical systems/sensors

My next guess is that it's an ECU hardware issue, but Mazda USA wasn't willing to cover that $1200 repair because it's not sure it'll fix the problem...

And the real problem is...the car has NEVER thrown any type of code--still. The idle is somehow just jacked up...

·
Registered
88 Posts
u can get a ECU from a junk yard for about 90-140 bux. check car-parts.com...

Did you check the crank position sensor?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The sensor was checked.

And you can't buy a used ECU for out cars...they are programmed with the VIN and that opens up a whole bunch of other issues...

·
Registered
88 Posts
What you do is take the ECU you have, and your bought ECU -- and take it to a auto electronics shop (the ones that do airbags, unlock steering etc) to copy all the data from your old ECU to the new ECU. That is what I did with mine, they charged me $150. Either way, still is better than spending 1200 on a new one, which still has to be programmed by the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote author=mrblob link=topic=107402.msg2215788#msg2215788 date=1207681223]
YOU ARE RUNNING LEAN --- PROBABLY FROM A:::

Vaccum leak!!!!

FIRST THING YOU DO:

Find your EGR VALVE --- TAKE THE PLUG OUT-- THIS DISABLES YOUR EGR

START YOUR CAR -- SEE IF IT WORKS

IF IT DOESN"T PLUG IT BACK IN ---

FIND YOUR PURGE VALVE AND FOLLOW IT DOWN TO YOUR INTAKE MANIFOLD --- YOULL SEE A RED CLIP -- TAKE IT OFF, REMOVE THE PLASTIC HOSE FROM THE INTAKE MANIFOLD-- COVER THE HOLE ON THE INTAKE MANIFOLD, AND HAVE SOMEONE START YOUR CAR---

IF THAT DOESN"T WORK----

PUT EVERYTHING BACK TOGETHER -- TAKE THROTTLE BODY CLEANER -- START YOUR CAR-- AND SPRAY IT AROUND YOUR INTAKE MANIFOLD, AND AROUND THE HOSES THAT ATTATCH TO IT--- IF IT STARTS TO IDLE BETTER -- YOU FOUND YOUR VACCUM LEAK

IF YOU CAN"T FIND YOUR LEAK--take it to mechanic and they will find it for u using a smoke test... GOOD LUCK!
Dude...a rough idle is not automatically caused by a vaccum leak. There are 100+ things that could cause a rough idle. Thanks for the CAPS LOCK TOO. ITS REALLY FUN READING MESSAGES WHERE EVERYTHING IS IN CAPITAL LETTERS. THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD MAKE IT MORE ANNOYING THAN CAPS LOCK WOULD BE BOLD AND CAPS LOCK AT THE SAME TIME. I ALSO THINK THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD BE MORE ANNOYING THAN BOLD AND CAPS TOGETHER WOULD BE A COMBINATION OF BOLD, ITALICS, AND ALL CAPS.[/ AND THIS IS CAPS LOCK WITH A TRIPLE THREAT. BOLD ITALICS AND UNDERLINED....ALL IN CAPS OF COURSE.
[/QUOTE]
Did you really need to waste our time with what you feel is a correction? (This isn't Facebook) Although I failed to realize it because I'm here for knowledge, I'd have to say I appreciate the CAPS. Of note: passing judgment on another is a true reflection of ones self

41 - 46 of 46 Posts