Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my injectors replaced at a mazda dealer and the car drove great for a day, until I re fueled and within 30 minutes, the check engine light came on and i got a rough idle and some hesitation when accelerating.. I have it at the dealer now getting checked, but i wanted to reach out to the mazda community. Dealer thinks I got bad gas. I do know this can be an issue, but they are also unsure. I haven't asked what code it is throwing yet, but will find out. I do have a broken gas cap as well, but never experienced a bad idle or running. When the car warms up, the issue almost goes away completely. Also, it is less noticeable under boost. any help, so I don't get charged an arm/leg.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I joined just to reply to your email. I had a similar issue and noticed rough idle in 2-3 gear. Eventually the Car gave an error code and resulted in Cylinder 2 Mis-fire. I took it to the Dealer and replaced ALL Spark Plugs and also did a Fuel injector Service. Total Cost was about $600. $300 for OEM Spark Plugs and $300 for the Fuel injector service. So far it is running fine. It has been a couple months. I would consider doing a Fuel Injector Service. Looks like your Fuel Injector may be plugged which is causing the rough idle and or misfire. GL!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had some trouble with rough idle/hesitation. For me it turned out to be a dirty EGR, but I'd suggest getting a new gas cap anyways, it was 20 bucks CAD on amazon and fits amazingly well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts