Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking at a set of used Rota wheels. I don't know anything about the brand and am interested if anyone out there can tell me if they're any good or not. Thanks!

·
Registered
20,395 Posts
You're going to hear a lot of stories about how awful they are, don't listen. Just like any other wheel. Volks aren't safe from bad roads either.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I used to have a set of Rota Torques. They were good wheels, did a good season of auto-x in them. They were well built and made my 3 look good. People bash on them, but they suit their purpose just like any other aftermarket wheel.

·
Registered
20,395 Posts
[quote author=halo0 link=topic=173348.msg3669768#msg3669768 date=1274678211]
Damn Steve I'd almost think you were a rota owner the way you said that with a straight face :lol:
[/quote]

It's true :dunno:

I had a friend with rotas that got torn up by Houston streets, but they would have done damage to any wheel regardless of the make. That pothole meant business.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
Regardless of the fact that some things would potentially ruin any wheel going fast enough, it does not happen very often to a Rays wheel. Not to mention Rota is incapable of making a wheel as light as something like a CE-28N and yet they are still stronger than anything Rota makes.

I have a set of very light SSR's and have hit some pretty bad bumps and potholes with, the wheels are still perfect condition structurally after 6 years of driving. I have seen a lot of cast wheels get bent over bumps that are no worse than what I have hit. And this is comparing one wheel that weighs 13 lbs (forged) to 19 lbs (cast).

Im not trying to bash on Rota, thats been done enough already. They make good wheels FOR the price...but they don't make good wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts