Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been searching for a day or two and can't find out for sure if this rim is an option. it's the rota GR-A (but I think I've also see it listed as 'G-Force'). Rota lists the size as 18x7.5 5x114.3 and +45 offset, which seems like they'll work.

however, I've seen the posts regarding hub-bore and am not sure where to go with that. for instance, I think the general school of thought is that we can get a rim with a hub-bore of 73, but then buy hub-centric rings. (never had to consider this with my previous cars)

and do folks have good leads on Rota wheels? they don't seem to be carried by many big sellers.

http://www.rotawheels.com/gra.php

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I am not sure on the hub bore. You can contact Rota directly and Kim can give you more specific fitment information. If you decided on them, I should be able to order them for you. It would just require a drive down from DC to NC for the payment and install.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hhmm...interesting. that would be the # listed on their site for their distributor in CA, yes?

and I guess you own a shop or something and sell tire/wheel packages?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
yes that is the direct line for Cosmic Marketing the US distributor of Rota Wheels. I work for Discount Tire Company as a Senior Assistant Manager. When you get ready to pull the trigger, let me know and I can put together a package for you. The only downside is that I cannot ship it to you...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aight...dude at Rota said they would fit WITH hubcentric rings. y'all sell that to?

I'd be looking at the 18x7.5, which I guess would be what....225/40/18 or 225/45/18 (?)

can you PM or email me a package price if you're able -- kpother (at) gmail.com

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Yeah I can. I am out on paternity leave until next week. We can get you hub rings based on the wheel's bore, so no problem there. Ideal tire with 18s on our cars is a 225/40R18. Let me know a few things, color choice of wheel and tire preferences. If you want to shop to get an idea of tire prices, I can match the ones on our internet side which would be: www.discounttiredirect.com.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
probably do the Falken 512s in 225/40/18

but is it really that bad of an idea to go 225/45/18? (that just seems like more natural of a setup)

oh, and yeh...if you could shoot me a message with the 40 series tires and the Rotas in Gold, that'd be great. can't find Rota on the website, so....not sure what that means

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
225/40 is a pretty common size. Discount Tire Direct doesn't deal with the magnitude of vendors that the individual stores do. That does give us a bit of an edge. Like I said, remind me late next week and I should have a chance to price out a package for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts