Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my M3 last week, so far i love it... :D

the only problem is that i can't use roof rack off my old car (i still can use all the attachments for bikes and kyaks, but actual rack will not fit).

also i don't like the rack that you can get from mazda, since it's too narrow (i assume the style for racks for M3 will be the same as for Protege 5, i want my rack to go outside of the car for about 3-5 cm on each side, for those trips in the summer time that i have to take all my toys with me. the rack that you can get from mazda will not be able to accomodate 2-4 bikes, or 2-4 kayaks, or 2 bikes and a windsurf or any other combination of the above.. :D

Thule and Yakima still don't have anything for M3... am i the only one with that problem?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Your probably one of the few worrying about it in the middle of January. I'd just wait a little bit (cars been out like 2 months at most now) and I'm sure you'll start seeing some pop up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah... i agree... i'm pretty sure by the summer time there will be an aftermarket roof rack out on the market..

but it's also nice to have a roof rack when you are going skiing... frees up tons of room inside of the car.. and makes space for one extra person.. :)

right now i figured out that much:
- roof rack can go into those rails on the roof or it can clip on to the side of your car under a door (personally i would prefer roof rails)
- even there are no aftermarket roof racks from thule and yakima, they still might have racks that will fit into those rails.. so now i just have to find out what car has same rails... :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts