Mazda3 Forums banner

Which option to go with

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 100% positive on getting my roof covered in vinyl but then an idea came to mind to do the middle of the hood too but i am not sure about that. I was going to originaly just do the roof in gloss black to look like it was painted.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Re: Getting the roof or maybe hood or maybe both in black tomorrow!

I would do both, not sure whether The gloss, or vinyl would look better both are cool. But definitely do the roof and hood, it will look awesome!

·
Registered
68 Posts

if you do the hood, you might want to consider the grill as well so it looks complete... but that's just my opinion :)

here's my car:

·
Registered
395 Posts

Nice!

Please post pics after! I am lookink for a tint + black roof on my white hatch this spring.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Wow Spyder that's by far one of the nicest two tones I've seen!

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

a lot of my local friends are saying matte black...surprised to see people here picking my original choice. Why gloss and not matte black. I'd think matte may look more agggressive while the gloss will make the car look classier.

·
Registered
930 Posts

Depends on the color I suppose but matte looks 'unfinished' when used sparingly. To me, matte looks good on cars or parts with lots of defined angles or long gradual curves and gloss on curvy and flowing designs like ours.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts

i think gloss would look cleaner with your white car. matte is more of a hot rod look.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts

[quote author=Verto link=topic=137355.msg2961583#msg2961583 date=1235607121]
i think gloss would look cleaner with your white car. matte is more of a hot rod look.
[/quote]

Agreed. Gloss would go a lot better with the flow of the car. People started trying to bring back the matte look, but its really only good on hot-rod type applications imo.

·
Registered
930 Posts

Or more race oriented applications...function over form. Kinda like carbon fiber looking better on more aggressive looking vehicles than your run of the mill Dodge Caravan. :p

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

so i should get semi gloss black so its in the middle and both parties can be happy :rofl:

I am leaning towards matte more since because my grill is painted matte black and well matte black just sounds nice :lol:...i want an aggressive look. I am really confused :lol:

·
Registered
930 Posts

Go with what you like. :) Since light colors don't have much reflective definition (like dark colors), matte may not 'pop' as much as gloss but the contrast of light and dark colors will look good.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

i would do the trunk later on down the road after i see how this turns out. I got to make up my mind by tomorrow at around 1-2pm. This is going to be real hard specially since not too many people bothered to vote or even read my dam thread.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts

i think the middle of your hood gloss black and the roof. if your grill aint black do paint it to.Im going to get my cf hood painted,my hatch,my roof and that bottom grill piece.Post pics when you get it done man.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts

I was looking for pics of xlcream's car..... he had the car repainted in a white pearl used on Lexus' and had the roof painted black mica. Looked absolutely fantastic..... sadly he took the pics down and hasn't posted since last May. :( Anyway seeing it would definitely make you want gloss.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts