Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is pretty stock other than the CP-e CAI. I had a major "stumble" today in 3rd gear, going up hill at about 35 - 40 mph. Felt like the car fell on it's face for a second - zero power, then everything was fine. No lights on the dash, no other symptoms.

Anybody have any idea what could cause this?

TIM

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
probably just too much of a load on the engine with that scenario.
you should have been at about 2.2k rpms in 3rd at around that speed if im correct? Probably just too heavy of a bog, maybe had a fuel/air cut or something? Just stay in a lower gear Tim.

·
Registered
141 Posts
[quote author=Tim25 link=topic=137587.msg2966482#msg2966482 date=1235791702]
My car is pretty stock other than the CP-e CAI. I had a major "stumble" today in 3rd gear, going up hill at about 35 - 40 mph. Felt like the car fell on it's face for a second - zero power, then everything was fine. No lights on the dash, no other symptoms.

Anybody have any idea what could cause this?

TIM
[/quote]

Mine did this today at 3200rpms. I usually roll into it pretty gently when I'm below 3000rpms but a hole in traffic opened, I stabbed the throttle, *hic-up* and away we went.

The capabilities of this car are amazing.... but mines is a 2007....an ECU should run a car FLAWLESSLY in this era. These quirks are wearisome.

On top of that,today's first cold start was fine, then the car just stalled. First time for that sort of behavior. Restart blew a nice puff of smoke out the pipe and all was normal for the remainder of the day. Perhaps(probably even) unrelated but I shouldn't even have to ponder it.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it hasn't happened since. I'm going to install my CP-e turbo inlet tomorrow, so I'll check and make sure all my hose clamps are tight - could have been a boost leak issue.

Thanks for the suggestions everybody.

TIM

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was a warm sunny day.

TIM

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
It was a leprechaun in your engine bay.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I knew it! I'm going to Autozone right now to get Leprechaun repellent right now!

TIM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts