Mazda3 Forums banner

Roll Call: All of Australia EXCEPT Sydney+Melbourne

50K views 63 replies 45 participants last post by  Balthazar B 
#1 ·
Thought i'll start up a spotted thread , since the mazda3's are still fairly new and uncommon on the road.

I saw my first mazda3 on the road today. Coming up centenary drive at homebush turning off onto the M4, winning blue in colour, Hatch sp23. Anyone here, number plates began with AOW i think...... time, around 5:50pm

#3 ·
Have seen a canary yellow SP23 Hatch on the first Sat of release (Jan 17). It was in the evening so either a salesperson driving one home or one pre-ordered. Have also seen a red Maxx Sport sedan and a sparkling sliver hatch. Always bring a smile to my face each time I spot one :) .

#5 ·
Spotted a Winning Blue SP23 Hatch (or Maxx Sport, not sure) coming out from under the Harbour Tunnel last night. Looked wonderful.

In one of those splendidly serendipitous moments, I was coming home from the city in a taxi and the MZ3 was coming out of the Harbour Tunnel. It gracefully ascended from the tunnel up to our level and we stayed virtually side by side until it neatly pulled off to the Falcon street exit, crossing 3 lanes at about 80km/hr with no perceivable body roll.

Helped to convince me that a SP23 HB AT might be just what the doctor ordered. I'm waiting to see one in white.

#7 ·
Today I spotted 4 Mazda 3's within in 20 minute drive, I couldn't actually believe it as they do stand out on the road...

First I saw was a Maxx Sedan (Silver)
Second was a Yellow SP23 Hatch......Wow !! :)
Third was a Winning Blue Maxx Sport Hatch (very nice.....)
Forth was another silver sedan, not sure what model..

I'd say within the next few months they will only become increasingly more popular & will probably at least see one every time I venture out onto the Roads of the Central Coast Area...

#15 ·
leather seats were... well... it was the same aftermarket place that i was going to. it was just arranged by mazda and hence covered by their warranty for 3 years + leather place warranty for lifetime... if that makes any sense.

so mazda got the car, and sent it onto the aftermarket place... you know its not a proper dealer fit option.... yet! who knows about the future. :?:

although initially they were hesitant about the side air bags (being able to deploy with the leather trim on the sides of the front seats) the "zips" were retained and hence they will inflate in the event of side crashes. :D

quite pleased with it atm, as i chose the black bmw leather and the stitching and get up is much like the interior of a beemer (ah the european feel in a japanese car :lol: silly me) so it looks different from the leather trim in the mazda6. 8)

quite frankly - the two tone look didn't really appeal to me - especially the inner doors in that ribbed red *shuddder* but that's just me :)

#16 ·
Shaund wrote:
dej - where you get your mz3
I got mine at Parkland, cheapest out of the 3 places I tried (Parkland, Jason & Wood Bros). I got it at a better price as my parents bought from there before - helps a lot. Tried getting discount at Jason on night of release - think they barely shaved off enough money to buy a carton of cheap beer!!

#18 ·
Maitland, NSW (near newcastle)

spotted a rare one the other day.

A winning blue MZ3 hatch which i mistook for an SP23, however after pulling up behind it, i realised i got it wrong.

It was badged SP230, and ont he right hand side of the boot had badging labeling it as
TWIN
TURBO
230Kw

gah!!! which lucky bastard managed to convince mazda to build that beasty for him.

#19 ·
Did you see it on April 1 by any chance?
Was it a MZ3 or a 323?

To design, fabricate, test, compliance and install this type of modification you'd be looking at 6 - 12 months at a minimum. This is not to mention the work required on the clutch and transmission to handle the extra power and the larger brakes required to stop the thing.

Seeing as the MZ3 has only been available here since December and on sale since January I doubt someone has made these mods to a MZ3.

#22 ·
Hey everyone, Im Mandee from Perth

I have had my mazda for about 2 1/2 weeks now :) and i absolutely LOVE IT!!

I have only put tint on it with a funky design in it and lowered it with Kings Springs 35mm

I took it to the drags last night and ran a 15.71 which dropped a lot of jaws.....A lot of guys with their commodores that had exhausts, intakes and a few minor mods running 16s all night were in disbelief also hehehehe........

Anyone else from Perth???

#25 ·
Steve-o said:
Did you see it on April 1 by any chance?
Was it a MZ3 or a 323?

To design, fabricate, test, compliance and install this type of modification you'd be looking at 6 - 12 months at a minimum. This is not to mention the work required on the clutch and transmission to handle the extra power and the larger brakes required to stop the thing.

Seeing as the MZ3 has only been available here since December and on sale since January I doubt someone has made these mods to a MZ3.
It was a mz3 not a 323, thats why i noticed it.

It looked fairly official, and def. had turbo. could hear it spooling while he was giveing it a bootful at the lights.

No it was before april 1st.. closer to march 20th. (approximate date).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.