Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,582 Posts
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=74723.msg1341507#msg1341507 date=1176762424]
what about orical? isnt that another option?

great question though, i was wondering the same thing...
[/quote]

you can buy a 10yard x 15" roll of oracal for $32. i have used both and the oracal is way easier to work with. you can wrap it around the light and not worry about corners peeling up.

http://www.signsupply.com/Vinyl/Oracal/8300.asp

here is a pic of my old 3 every light and reflector has the film on it.

· Registered
1,582 Posts
the film is the dark grey.

to get out the wrinkles just heat it up with a hair dryer and pull on the film.

for the head and tail lights you need 2 people. one to hold the light and hair dryer and one to smooth and strech out the film. i used a window tint squeege to get the bubbles out.

· Registered
1,582 Posts
you must not have been pulling hard enough. the film streches alot before it rips. just keep heating it up and pulling on it. i was able to do them by myself.

· Registered
1,582 Posts
[quote author=wheredthat3go link=topic=74723.msg1359483#msg1359483 date=1177372693]
im likin the oracle stuff is it actual tint or what kind of material is it?

[/quote]

its used to cover outdoor signs. it is more like a vinyl than a tint.

*txmica3* -- just set the film on the light, push it down in the center to get it to stick and start heating it up and pulling on it.

on the tails i put it on like tint. sprayed soapy water on the lights then laid the film on. while my bro was holding the light and hairdryer i was streching it out and working out the bubbles with the squeege.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.