Mazda3 Forums banner

Rockblocker on fogs

1K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  josian 
#1 ·
Has anyone used the rockblocker or products like this on their fogs??? I saw some blue on someone's that looked good. Guess Rockblocker is not a sponser anymore on here. I kind of thought the blue would look cool on my titanium gray. Does it interfere with output on the fogs at all...and it probably gives a different shading when used with the OEM headlights at night???
Thanks!

#3 ·
[quote author=krstofer link=topic=66002.msg1131909#msg1131909 date=1167873278]
A lot of the people I know who put them one the fogs burnt them, including me. You have to be VERY careful about running your fogs only when moving if you put them on the fog lights.
[/quote]

Hey.... we know a lot of the same people! I think I'm one of the only ones who hasn't burned the film yet (had them on for about a year and a half so far). Gotta really be careful, as Brian said, to not sit still too long with the fogs on.

#7 ·
As always, this site is great for info!!!! Thanks all. I don't think I'll go with the rockblocker now.

#9 ·
I sure like the blue look for fogs though. I have the Silverstars for my turn signals. I've had some people ask me where I got those turn signal lights. Such an easy mod to do and it makes it look really nice. Need to change out my headlights, but I want to find something in a blue look like the Silverstars for the fogs.

#10 ·
[quote author=zachismisitok link=topic=66002.msg1133262#msg1133262 date=1167946096]
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

rockblocker may not refund me for my fogs,
but Ill be damned if I wont stop other people from buying them!!!
[/quote]

Well I wouldn't expect them to refund for burned, but they should make a product with a higher temp rating.

#13 ·
I use my fogs whenever I have my headlights on.

#14 ·
[quote author=krstofer link=topic=66002.msg1133394#msg1133394 date=1167950051]
[quote author=zachismisitok link=topic=66002.msg1133262#msg1133262 date=1167946096]
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

rockblocker may not refund me for my fogs,
but Ill be damned if I wont stop other people from buying them!!!
[/quote]

Well I wouldn't expect them to refund for burned, but they should make a product with a higher temp rating.
[/quote]

true, but I expect them to be straight forward about there product. When i bought them, I had absolutely no idea they would burn. false advertising. Plus what moron engineer would use a material that burns at such a low temp like that (this is coming from a mechanical engineer...) I hope he got fired, or demoted or something.

#15 ·
I hate false advertising!!!! Good for you!!!!!

#17 ·
[quote author=krstofer link=topic=66002.msg1132510#msg1132510 date=1167916416]
Oh shiite, you broke the glass? What were you using to get the RB's off?
[/quote]
yeh, had the rockblockers on and they slowly got to the point to where you could barely see the light.. I took the fogs out and peeled off as much as I could get off with peeling it which was mostly the outsides. I soaked them in goo-gone and then scraped them off with a exacto, i think the heat degraded the glass, but thats just me.

#18 ·
[quote author=zachismisitok link=topic=66002.msg1132191#msg1132191 date=1167882883]
dont waste ur money on rockblocker.

like the otehrs said, u have to be careful not to sit with them on. get some hid match bulbs or something instead.
[/quote]

x2 on the HID Match. They'll give your fogs a decent blue hue.

#19 ·
hrmmm... i have rockblocker on, and im on my second set. the first set i burnt using nokya yellow and that was cause it was way too hot. Now ive been on my second set for almost a year and they are fine still. I run my fogs all day and all night ( independent fog mod) and i have no problems. However, i have hid fogs.

If you get rockblocker or something like that for the color, i say skip it. If you get it to prevent you cracking your fog, then its worth it. The fog housing runs 150 to 200 a pop, so thats the only reason im running them, and i wanted a smoked look.

#20 ·
a friend of mine used to have RB.... they look good.... but the problem is the heat they produce i dunno but they get so hot that melted 3 times wires.... and then he got full o that and bought the original in a mazda dealer here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.