1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're on!

Enkei RPF1, 17x7.5, +48 offset, 114.3x5 bolt pattern, 15.2 POUNDS EACH

Now, here is where I need your opinions:

1) Now, as you can see in the pictures, the rims don't have center caps. I have the option of getting them, but they cost 60 bucks and look like http://www.enkei.co.jp/en/images/p_cap_rpf1.jpg. If I do indeed get them, it won't be immediately, since I don't have the funds (but might find a way), and if I go that route, what lug color should I get, red or black? I also plan on getting a different colored valve stem cap (to match the lugs).

Or

2) The rims came with a blue valve stem, the EXACT color as these lugs http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=GOR%2D21133BL&N=700+400092+306846+4294900402+115&autoview=sku If I take that route, then I'll have them inserted (the place I mounted and balanced and installed at couldn't do it for me, so I'd have to take it to a rim shop).

What should I do? Also, if I don't get the center caps, should I paint the middle part black, to match the 'Enkei' engraving? Is that area safe to paint, and what type of paint should be used? (caliper paint, perhaps?)

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

P.S. - Should I paint my calipers black, too? I plan on getting some slotted rotors in the summer, so that'll look nice, but the rust and lack of color is killing me.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I like the blue lugs alot. You should have got gold rims tho.
I would love to have gold or bronze rims on my ti gray and use blue lugs.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Black lugs for sure.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=drdellorama link=topic=72027.msg1267923#msg1267923 date=1173914200]
yes get the center cap. damn, 15.2 lbs each???? that's lighter then my rotas.
[/quote]

They are roughly 15 lbs, give or take. The guy that installed them said he's been rocking steelies on his Honda, and said they were lighter. Got quite a chuckle out of that.

I need to look around on where to get the center cap at. mic_crispy, check your PM's

·
Registered
258 Posts
they look small... especially for 17s... dont powdercoat them black.. make them look even smaller... i think its cause of that big lip at the end which kills it.. sorry, doesnt do it for me.. i like wheels that look bigger on a car even if you dont go to a 18 or 19, if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
you should shoot a pic of the rear wheel gap, i'm interested to know since i'll be getting similar sized tires.

looks great in any case.

my vote is for red lugs and some decent center caps. sell a couple cds and buy some caps!

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
it looks cheap without the caps.

get the caps. i'm not a fan of the blue lugs tho. get black.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Take the concave bottom of a beer can and cut it carefully..... round and just oversize to the cap hole.

It will press in easily and stay.

Polish first if you want.

Good temporary caps. :)

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[quote author=biped link=topic=72027.msg1268208#msg1268208 date=1173922839]
you should shoot a pic of the rear wheel gap, i'm interested to know since i'll be getting similar sized tires.

looks great in any case.

my vote is for red lugs and some decent center caps. sell a couple cds and buy some caps!
[/quote]

I'll take that tomorrow right after classes, just post up in here and remind me and consider it done.

You think the red lugs would match those caps nicely? I'm waiting to hear back about how much they'll be, then I'll go from there. Trust me, I sold enough shit to get the rims, selling a few more things won't be that hard, lol

[quote author=small town king link=topic=72027.msg1268218#msg1268218 date=1173923356]
it looks cheap without the caps.

get the caps. i'm not a fan of the blue lugs tho. get black.
[/quote]

I agree, it's not as nice as I thought. I'm going to get the caps, like I said, it's just a matter of time.

Now to decide on what lugs. The lugs I'm looking to get are anodized, so will they fade color-wise? If they do, I guess I'll get black (shouldn't be a problem)

[quote author=Kwan link=topic=72027.msg1268236#msg1268236 date=1173924012]
Take the concave bottom of a beer can and cut it carefully..... round and just oversize to the cap hole.

It will press in easily and stay.

Polish first if you want.

Good temporary caps. :)
[/quote]

I might try that. Saturday is Saint Patty's, so hell, getting some cans shouldn't be hard :lol:

Thanks for the compliments all. Trust me, I'm not content on how they are now, but I'm more then happy they are on. Check in for updates.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[quote author=plazma link=topic=72027.msg1268167#msg1268167 date=1173920241]
they look small... especially for 17s... dont powdercoat them black.. make them look even smaller... i think its cause of that big lip at the end which kills it.. sorry, doesnt do it for me.. i like wheels that look bigger on a car even if you dont go to a 18 or 19, if you know what i mean.
[/quote]

To each, their own. I agree, they do look somewhat small, but with a more solid drop (coilovers FTW), they will look kickass.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[quote author=ionorick link=topic=72027.msg1268483#msg1268483 date=1173932413]
I think its the thick lip thingy =P that makes it look small...I really like them though
[/quote]

That's exactly what it is. I'll get a pic of it tomorrow, they're pretty deep

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[quote author=ionorick link=topic=72027.msg1268498#msg1268498 date=1173932669]
i have those lugs but in red...they look really good with my stockies but i scratched them up because I wasn't carefull with them. I was in a rush to put them on but my rear ones are flawless...Ill go try and take a pic of them on
[/quote]

Alright, thanks. How long have you had them? Any signs of discoloring?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
just paint the hub i guess its called... use caliper paint or something instead of buyin center caps 240 just to have a piece of metal or plastic in the middle of a rim is nuts! you could get a CAI for that... paint it and be done :)

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[quote author=AuxOne link=topic=72027.msg1268506#msg1268506 date=1173932889]
just paint the hub i guess its called... use caliper paint or something instead of buyin center caps 240 just to have a piece of metal or plastic in the middle of a rim is nuts! you could get a CAI for that... paint it and be done :)
[/quote]

240? Ha. They're only 60 (from a rim/tire place, trying to get them from another guy who's helping me out)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts