Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to go replace my rear brake pads today and ran into a slight problem. The rear rims won't come off....either one of them. It seems as if they are stuck. Is there a special tool needed to remove them or what?? Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
933 Posts
yeah, its called a rubber mallet, or you can use your foot. it just needs a little persuasion! before you put your wheels back on put a lil antiseize on mating surfaces and it wont happen again

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
I had the same problem last time I rotated my tires. I tried all sorts of finesse-type methods to get them off. Finally, I just turned around and gave it a solid kick to the edge of the rim and it broke free.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
[quote author=WetsuitxNinja link=topic=71081.msg1248051#msg1248051 date=1173039865]
Plz be sure your car is properly supported so that it doesnt fall off the jack when you give it the kick too...
[/quote]

:shock: Haha, yes, most definitely sound advice!

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
[quote author=dmention7 link=topic=71081.msg1248054#msg1248054 date=1173039958]
[quote author=WetsuitxNinja link=topic=71081.msg1248051#msg1248051 date=1173039865]
Plz be sure your car is properly supported so that it doesnt fall off the jack when you give it the kick too...
[/quote]

:shock: Haha, yes, most definitely sound advice!
[/quote]

My girls brother passed away from something similar to this about 9 months ago, so that shits always in my head when I think of someones car on a jack.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Wow, that sucks :( I can imagine that would leave a pretty solid impression on the importance of jack safety.

The last time I had my car up on jacks, I noticed (after I was finished working underneath it) that I had forgotten to chock the rear wheels and set the parking brake... I felt like real tool when I realized what I had (or hadn't) done. Granted, it was only an oil change so there was no real banging or yanking on anything down there, but still... :shock: Not a good feeling!

Yeah, jack safety is important... if you've gotta put any kind of real force on your car (especially side to side or front to back), make sure that sucker's jacked up safely and securely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts