Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been reading the stickyed FAQ's but its just a bunch of numbers thrown at me, i than started reading this which made things more clear

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Wheel_Fitment_Guide.cfm

I would like to get a huge negative offset (or a "deep dish" rims) on my stock mazda3 ( might add pro kit later on)

what is highest negative offset u can get on mz3?
what issues will i run into?
any other info i should be told/read?

*the look id like to get

·
Registered
461 Posts
Negative offset won't fit most front wheel drive cars. We need a high positive offset for our cars. +40 up on 7 in wide rims and +45 up for 8 in wide rims. There are some rims that have a slightly deep dish look without giving you such a very low offset.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=twistedclown link=topic=139454.msg3006231#msg3006231 date=1237558283]
Negative offset won't fit most front wheel drive cars. We need a high positive offset for our cars. +40 up on 7 in wide rims and +45 up for 8 in wide rims. There are some rims that have a slightly deep dish look without giving you such a very low offset.
[/quote]

shitty deal, know any of those rims off hand?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=twistedclown link=topic=139454.msg3006271#msg3006271 date=1237559512]
forgot the link

http://www.xxrwheels.com/sportmax_006.shtml#
[/quote]

bah ya i googled the name n saw em

The other thing i was wondering about was ( i dunno if theses are considered deep dish aswell) but ones where the center of the rim is sunkin and the rest of the rims are like from the from front of the rim inward...

they would look something like this but the center is more sunken in

so basically the EXACT opposite of this

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote author=blankets3]bah ya i googled the name n saw em

The other thing i was wondering about was ( i dunno if theses are considered deep dish aswell) but ones where the center of the rim is sunkin and the rest of the rims are like from the from front of the rim inward...[/quote]

I think you are referring to something like this?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=230-Sean link=topic=139454.msg3007186#msg3007186 date=1237581510]
[quote author=blankets3]bah ya i googled the name n saw em

The other thing i was wondering about was ( i dunno if theses are considered deep dish aswell) but ones where the center of the rim is sunkin and the rest of the rims are like from the from front of the rim inward...[/quote]

I think you are referring to something like this?

[/quote]

Kinda more so like xxguitarist but centers should be deeper i seen them alot on eclipses (green ones with gold rims) best i can member.... had lots of spokes tho

on a side note i was also wondering about streching the tires, i know its not good but in normal everyday driving how bad is it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts