Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was involved in a car accident that hit the passenger fender but the passenger door was untouched. is it possible it dislodged the speaker a bit?

it has been a week and i never noticed it buzzing until i played some old rap song with a deeper bass.

i am trying to figure out if it is worth taking it back to the body shop for them to take apart the door again (maybe they did to replace the right fender) or if it's easy i would just do it myself.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Well, the rattling could be either from the speaker being loose in the door (screws not tightened down enough), or the speaker is causing the door panel to rattle (door panel not secured completely). If you're comfortable with it, you could try taking off the inside door panel and making sure the speaker is secured to the door well, then putting the door panel back on (maybe the body shop didn't snap it back on all the way?). There should be a walkthrough in here somewhere that can show you how to remove/reinstall the door panels.

The only other thing I can think of is that those specific frequencies where the buzzing occurs happens to be the resonant frequencies of the door -- did you ever play the song before the accident, and if so, did you notice the buzzing?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts