Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visited the dealer again today and saw 3 Mazda3. 1 HB is in the showroom, 1 sedan and 1 HB are outside. They probably have more at the lot, but I didn't see any.

Snapped some pics, here are the results. Sorry for the quality, taken with a camera phone at night. Kinda shaky, coz I was too excited. :nsmile:

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4126411&a=30961090&f=0

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
SWEET!!!!
Those are nice pics, regardless of the shakiness :)
I'd be excited if I saw it before me too!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great pics Absinthe;

I just received a phone call this afternoon from my Salesman, Louis (Signature Mazda). I have an appointment with him tomorrow to go and test drive the MZ3 SPORT.

So looking forward to it. By next week I should be the proud owner of one.

I will take my digital camera and take more pics to post.

I will give you a review as well.

Defy

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Love the pics, thanks. Looks like the gauges are blue before you put the key in. I notice the Mazda logo on the trunk of the sedan is super sized. If anyone thinks this car is a Toyota Corolla has too be blind. But I know there will be a few dumb azzes. The hatch is growing on me. Have to see it in person.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I saw it today while waiting at bus stop. Looks good, it was silver HB with gfx. Turned everyones heads at the bus stop. LOL.

Only thing I don't like the upper half of the back side is sunk in compared to the lower part....does anyone understand what I am trying to say?

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Defy said:
I just received a phone call this afternoon from my Salesman, Louis (Signature Mazda). I have an appointment with him tomorrow to go and test drive the MZ3 SPORT.
Then you should drive the silver one :D

So looking forward to it. By next week I should be the proud owner of one.

I will take my digital camera and take more pics to post.

I will give you a review as well.

Defy
Can't wait! :nsmile:

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ATL said:
Love the pics, thanks. Looks like the gauges are blue before you put the key in. I notice the Mazda logo on the trunk of the sedan is super sized. If anyone thinks this car is a Toyota Corolla has too be blind. But I know there will be a few dumb azzes. The hatch is growing on me. Have to see it in person.
Yeah it's blue full-time, and I tried to turn on the light to see how the gauges look like, but it made this beeping sound. Didn't want to attract attention so I turned it off. :?

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
That greenish one. Is it silver in reality? Just thought it looked like the sepang green on the 6.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i went to signature mazda in richmond auto mall twice this week and i got hook ups with this salesman ... hopefully my white sports GT with leather five speed and moonroof will be here in january ... i played with the lights too, u have to use the key to turn it on, when you turn off off your head lights while driving ( turn off meaning the smaller light is on) you get to choose what color your gauges are, all orage or orage with blue outline ... i think one is when your fog lights are on ... tell you guys more detail when i go back for a test drive ...
i was gonna test drive today but my girlfriend was rushing me to eat ... damn ...
also ... for ppl who went to richmond signature mazda ... do you guys notice all the scratches and bumps after you lift the hood on the red show room car ? its becase those salesman are so careless while opening the hood and closing it ... they just drop the stick that holds the hood ... causing all those bumps and scratches ... i don't think my headlight statement makes alot of sense... if you guys don't get it ... feel free to ask me for more in dept descprition ... its almost 2 am and i gotta wake up at 7 tomorrow for school ... i'm prolly gonna go back tomorrow for test drive and i will bring back some results ... peace guys

·
Registered
42 Posts
I find the placement of the dorr handles of the hatch odd. They don't match up with the fender buldges at all like they did in th MX Sportif concept. Must be that way because they would be too high the other way but still.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Weee got a test drive a fully loaded Sport GT MT today, and took some more pics.....

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4126411&a=30961090&f=0

Same album btw.

I got the chance to go to the back lot with the salesman. He wanted to show me the blue RX-8 color, as it's similar as MZ3's Winning Blue. I saw a bunch of GS sedans! There was a white Sport GT too, but owned by Mazda Canada, he said. The last 3 pics are from the back lot. Sorry if the pictures are too dark.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Absinthe, can you tell us a bit more about the test drive?

I'm mainly interested in:

steering feel and weight
ride (bouncy/absorbs bumps well/susoension travel)
braking
visibility issues
stereo (if you tried it)

The white GT HB looks HOT!!!

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dinu01 said:
Absinthe, can you tell us a bit more about the test drive?

I'm mainly interested in:

steering feel and weight
ride (bouncy/absorbs bumps well/susoension travel)
braking
visibility issues
stereo (if you tried it)

The white GT HB looks HOT!!!
Steering is awesome. It's light too. It doesn't take much effort in making turns. The size of the steering wheel is just right for me.

I turned off the stereo to listen to any sound. Very little sound come from the engine. So it's pretty quiet.

The stereo is weak. Can't feel any bass. The treble wasn't that great either.

Overall the car feels sturdy. The interior features are awesome (You probably know that :D ).

Can't say much about the rest. It was a short ride. The dealer told me that they have the tit grey and black coming in today. So I'm gonna go there again probably in the next few days to give it a spin.

I will write a full review on the Consumer Reviews section afterwards.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Absinthe said:
The stereo is weak. Can't feel any bass. The treble wasn't that great either.

I will write a full review on the Consumer Reviews section afterwards.
Actually, compared to my wimpy 1985 and even to my cheapo aftermarket 20W stereo, the sounds filled the cabin pretty nicely. It wasn't super super super great, but for a stock stereo system, I think it's still better than the Honda Civic.

Can't wait for your review, Absinthe! :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
ya to me the stereo is right up there with current VW systems... a nice stock system... if i want pounding bass ill jump in my jetta with 2 10s :D

the 3 sure BLOWS away my 2002 P5 stereo, now that was crap!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts