Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1025 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: ANy Rhode Island guys here?

I'm in East Providence.

Nice to chat with someone local. Maybe we can exchange tips & such on maintenance and sources for stuff locally... :p

Here's what I have so far:
* Source for Semi-Syn blend 5W-20, Walmart, 5-Qt jug, $10.xx (enough to meet warranty, as I change my own oil)
* Source for oil filter, Auto-Zone for an STP filter, $5.19, I tried Purolator but it was weak and collapsed. :x

What I'm looking for:
* Source for a decent set of aftermarket winter/rubber mats, that can be trimmed to fit & look ok.
Not looking to spend big $ on what Mazda calls a winter set of mats.
* Source for LED replacement bulbs for tail lamps, turn signal lamp, brake lights etc. Realize these are a specialty
item still, but it would be nice to be able to return them to a store vs. cross fingers for an RMA from an
online merchant plus pay return shipment if they just don't look or work right.
* Source for a set of rims, 16" to make up a winter set of wheels/tires. Prefer 16" for winter over my stock 17".
Already know to check TireRack for tires, although BJ's had snows for relatively cheap $ this year. Again
would prefer not to have to cross fingers for an RMA + shipping for an online/eBay sale... Used Mazda Protege-5
16" alloys would fit real nice plus look better than black steelies.

So far my car is pretty stock, because its an '06 and still under warranty. I did upgrade my headlights to
Silverstars, which I got at A-Zone, and they make a nice diff. Again, did not want to mess with HID's yet.
Although I recently saw that WM started carrying the H-7 bulbs in Silverstar also, not sure which was cheaper
though, WM or A-Zone.

If you don't have one, I've heard great things about a device called a ScanGauge-II. I'm getting on under
the current GB taking place. We're down to the $144.99 price level, shipped. They retail for $169.99. Next
price level is $139.99. We have until the end of the month to get approx. 13 more buyers. Check it out. The
feature I'm getting it for is the trip computer, MPG gage because my car does not have the fuel computer.
Best thing is it can be used on ANY OBD-II equiped vehicle, so it can scan engine codes etc. Looks like a nice
tool to have nowadays.

My wife bought me for X-Mas a factory sunshade, which due to the shape/size, after-market shades simply did
not fit. I also got a Mazda cargo net, which is actually pretty nice if you have a HB like I do.

That's about it. Shoot back any info you might have. I don't see very many 3's locally and don't know anyone
who has one. Plus a lot of aftermarket simple upgrades/gadgets (i.e. not engine mods, exhaust etc.) simply are not made
to fit our cars...

Later.

·
Registered
122 Posts

Hi, I'm from Mass but work in Providence. M3i-NTS, looks like from your signature you have a nicely modded Mz3. Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
230 Posts

Hey Cardosor

There is a fuel computer unlock procedure for 06 and 07's did it on my 07'

Car off hold down AM/FM button & CD button, turn key to on DIS ON will display, release buttons, turn key off, start engine, use set button to scroll through modes clock to return to clock display!

·
Registered
20 Posts

06 Strato Hatch in Woonsocket

·
Registered
8,677 Posts

I'm in south central CT

·
Registered
76 Posts

Thanks Johnnyboy, I found that procedure and it worked great. I still got the ScanGauge though because it's a useful tool to have.

Anyone know if there's a local club or meet for Mz3? My car is bone stock, but I'm always interested in seeing what others are doing, so when the time comes I have been inspired...

I also got a set of trim to fit mats and can't say I'm really happy with how they fit. Does anyone here have any decent aftermarket mats in the car that actually fit well? I may just make my own like I did for my old Jetta by trimming an industrial rug (black rubber bottom like the kind used in store entryways). I found that they never frayed and blended really well with the stock carpet.

·
Registered
124 Posts

Greenville RI for me.. 04 SS Hatch.

No mods yet besides stereo, xenon match bulbs.. I do have set of 18" rx-8's on their way tho.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts

portsmouth, ri

·
Registered
140 Posts

I could make an RI thing over the weekends. I'm usually down in SE CT during about that time period, and I've got a buddy from college who lives in Narragansett. Kill two birds w/ one stone, so to speak.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts

north kingstown, ri

there are a couple of guys from URI with Speed 3s here..

1 - 20 of 1025 Posts