Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I'm new to these forums and have an issue that's driving me bananas. A year and half ago I purchased a Gen 2 SP25 and in that time the RHF strut has failed 3 times. When I bought the car, it was on 30 mm lowered progressive rate King Springs. I had a set of Koni strt's with new top mounts fitted to it and within a few days the rhf strut had gone soft on compression and rebound. So I purchased a new set of front springs and another set of front konis, only to have the same thing happen again. Shock went soft within a few days. Had it checked out and they found a failed rh control arm bush. Had those replace with a set of super pro's problem with front strut remained. So a couple of weeks ago I fitted a set of Pedders front shocks. Drove great for a day so then failed the same as the others within a few days, this time with a rattle as well. I'm ready to go for a set of coil overs but I'm worried that I'll have the same issue again. Aso thinking about a strut brace though I don't believe it help the issue. Just clutching at straws. (And i want a strut brace anyway). Can anyone offer any advice on this? I love the car and I'm now too far down the rabbit hole to turn back.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 1 of 1 Posts