Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find value in reverse parking sensors as I've been in accidents before - due to things behind your car you just can't see. And repairs can be expensive.

The dealer said it would cost me $795 to have it installed by them as a genuine accessory.

Anyone know much about aftermarket products? Prices/Quality/Aesthetics?

Any info would be good.

M

·
0 Posts
I'm still getting use to the larger than normal bumper on the mz3. I also think the side mirrors could be a bit fatter!! For improved vision around the car.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have not heard of many(any?!) people getting the reverse parking sensors. Most just use the rear bumper... ;) j/k

But hating traffic and parking in confined spaces, I usually have no trouble with the rear. Although I must admit to taking a little more care now due to its added dimensions. :?

·
Registered
650 Posts
It's mainly older people (60+) or prestige car owners that get reverse parking sensors.
I find that the MZ3 Hatch has pretty good visibility as you can tell that about 1 foot behind the rear hatch glass is the bumper. I guess the sedan takes a bit more guess work.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have seen ads for reverse park sensors that is fitted on the inside of the bumper, sending out some electromagnetic pulse, with a small CPU or whatever sitting in the boot. These systems do not need holes drilled in the bumper, and so are totally invisible. Good so your friends won't comment on your driving skills or how "precious" your 3 is.

·
Registered
519 Posts
now if only the parking sensor can work in reverse and actually buzz other drivers who get too close to your car... (i know i'm skilled at parking - but others... *shudder*... i'm sure you guys agree its a mixed bag)

·
Registered
69 Posts
When getting into your car.. look behind it.
Before backing into a parking space.. look at it.

Following these two simple rules will save you 20lbs of rear-facing radar equipment and $300 in your pocketbook.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts