Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just like to ask those who have a 3 with a manual transmission, do you have any issue when you try to put the car in reverse during a cold morning? Specifically, is the shift response slow and feels heavy and how many times does it take to engage the car successfully?

Asking because of past experience with MT. I tried Redline once and it seemed to be a bit more responsive.

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
Sometimes you have to put the clutch in and out twice before the car lets you go into reverse. I thought that was kind of wierd.

·
Registered
254 Posts
yeh i was thinking.. this is probably just an issue of not letting the car warm up enough

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
It's a problem with a lot of manny tranny. Not just the 3s. In Cold morning, sometime i have to shift into first, stop, then shift into reverse. Same thing with my old civic.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've noticed this on all manuals I've driven. I've always assumed it's because reverse isn't a syncronized gear, so the gears aren't always lined up. If you leave your car in first, put it in neutral, then back to first, then into reverse. Then you'll have no problems putting it into reverse. Or at least that's what works for me.

·
Registered
627 Posts
U know what

In all honesty, I have no problems getting into reverse whether it's -30 or +15.

This is the first manual I've ever had that is smooth as silk going into reverse. 2nd on the other hand...haha. Oh well, WHATEVER!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts