Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
i have the model 2 and they aren't tpms compatible. good thing i dont have tpms.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eek!

What makes them incompatable? Is it the size of the hole for the valve stem? I was hoping I could just swap out the sensors to the new wheels, but this is not sounding good so far . . .

btw, how do you like the wheels?

Dmc3

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
yeah i think it's the size of the hole. guy at discount tire gave me shit about them b/c he thought i had tpms. i had to drag him out to my car and show him.

i love the wheels. they are holding up well. i got them on halloween and im ready for new ones though. i change my wheels like i change my shoes. hahaha.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if changing the "grommet" would allow them to fit. Found this elsewhere on the forum. Gettin the itch to cancel my order, but the wheels seem like a deal and they look good. 17" at 16.3 lbs a piece. $425 a set. Crap. Decisions . . .

"Yes, you can swap out the sensors into new wheels. I work for America's Tire Co. aka Discount Tire Co. The inner part of the sensor has a rubber grommet that will not fit most aftermarket wheels and should/needs to be switched to a larger grommet or the valves will leak at the base. Most tire shops carry performance valves that have the larger grommets that can be swapped to the sensors.

I have a 3 5door with 18" Enkei LM1 and I swapped out the sensors and grommets with no problems. When you change tires or change wheels the owners manual tells you how to reset them if the light comes on."

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
your best bet is to call rev.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts