Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the color combo of Starlight Green ext./beige int. for the 3i. Does anyone have any good pics of a 3 in Starlight Green? Thanks!

=======
Edit: Title.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Ah crap... my dealer has one too

And I was there today too.....

And I did take a pic of a 3i... but not that green lol. Ill give him a call and see if he can email me a pic of it.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Im not one to buy a color like that.. kinda reminds me of lima beans.

But it is pretty nice in person. Definately different.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vaBooM said:
Im not one to buy a color like that.. kinda reminds me of lima beans.

But it is pretty nice in person. Definately different.
True, it is unique. I do like it tough. Strange as it may sound, my decision will be between a 3i in Starlight Green or a 3s in Titaium. I like each car for different reasons (not just talking about color), so I guess I'll have to see which "fits" me better...

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Definately the 3s!

The 2.3l screams.... the breakin really fools you. Makes you think you got no power. But then after 400 or so WHAM... its suddenly faster lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
that green isnt to bad, looks alot better then i thought it would, i would almost consider it if it was an option for the s modle 4 door, dont think it would look right on the hatchback though.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vaBooM said:
Definately the 3s!

The 2.3l screams.... the breakin really fools you. Makes you think you got no power. But then after 400 or so WHAM... its suddenly faster lol
I really would just be using it as a commuter car during the remainder of my college years (of course that would include 180-mile round-trip trips home a couple times a month).

As long as that 2.0L can pass traffic on the highway and merge onto on-ramps I'll neither ask nor expect anything more from it.

I don't have a car on campus with me right now, but my dad drives my high school car up sometimes when I go home and I drive back and rarely do I need to apply much throttle when passing someone...That car only has 156hp/160tq and weighs over 3200lbs. (excluding occupant+cargo weight), so I'm hoping the 3i could do as good, if not better, with 148hp/135tq having to pull about 2700lbs. (again, excluding occupant+cargo weight). Of course, my old car is a V6 auto and the 3 is an I4 (I'd be getting a 5-spd.) so torque curves and gearing come into play...Oh my...

Of course, the 3s definitely has that "cool" factor and is well worth the extra money. And the price isn't the issue. At first I was dead-set on the 3s, but the more I considered my actual needs, the more appealing the 3i became (due to the fact that it is more conservative).

Also, I think the 3i will age more gracefully, so to speak, as it is not as agressively styled as the 3s.

As far as the 3 is concerned, the Starlight "i" and the Titanium "s" are on opposite ends of the spectrum, so I know this is going to be tough...

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Wow.. not many are in your situation.

Its usually money that separates the 2. I understand fully what you mean. But the BBD (bigger better deal) is facing towards the S. And then theres color. That is definately 2 sides of the spectrum.

Then again, who knows. Many insurance is higher in the S than the I.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vaBooM said:
Wow.. not many are in your situation.

Its usually money that separates the 2. I understand fully what you mean. But the BBD (bigger better deal) is facing towards the S. And then theres color. That is definately 2 sides of the spectrum.

Then again, who knows. Many insurance is higher in the S than the I.
Yeah, I'm weird like that. :lol: I agree, though. The "s" is worth every extra penny. Have people been saying how much more it costs to insure and "s" versus the "i"?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Insurance goes by weight and engine size. Of course there are other factors, I believe the S will be more expensive (higher model) than the I and a S/I equipped with ABS will be cheaper than both.

·
Registered
882 Posts
That's quite a gag me with a spoon colour. No wonder there wasn't a single green colour in the Canadian Mazda 3 brochures.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, whatever. The local dealers have a couple of Starlights in stock, so I'll have to get down there soon and check one out in person.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
You better do. I think it's better to see all colours in person first. Starlight Green looks okay to me in pics, but I would prolly like it more than other colours if I see it in person. Could be otherwise. I like Tit Gray in pics, but didn't really like it when I saw it several times at the dealership.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'm trying to think of the amount of vehicles with that minty type green shade and for brand new cars I can't think of a single one on lots around here. I am very sure the colour fell out of favour with Canadian buyers, one thing I do know for sure is that it doesn't age well on other cars I've seen with a similar shade.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm trying to think of the amount of vehicles with that minty type green shade and for brand new cars I can't think of a single one on lots around here.
He, he, don't try to look too hard for Mazda3. Both starlight and nordic green are not available in Canada. In the US, they come only in i-trim.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Starlight Green

Hi! I am new here -- just found this forum today. I am "wantapassatnow" on the Edmunds.com boards ... I registered there back when I really did want a Passat! However, nine days ago I bought an M3i in Starlight Green, which is why I am replying to this topic. The color is *gorgeous* and looks especially great with the beige interior -- a nice contrast in colors. I get compliments left and right on it, from men and women alike. I don't think the pictures do it justice! In the sun, the color really sparkles, but it's pale enough as to not be nauseatingly *green*, if you know what I mean.

Happy New Year!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts