Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know raitchison posted about reprogramming a spare key - but are there similar instructions for reprogramming the remote keyless entry plastic fob thing?

Similar steps have been posted on other Mazda forums:

http://forums.mazdaworld.org/index.php?showtopic=1978

But I'm guessing newer model Mazdas have a different procedure.

Also, it would be interesting to see if a Mazda6 keyless entry module could be used with a Mazda3... especially since the Mazda6 has a trunk release button :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2478346479&category=33723

Since I don't have a FSM or access to part numbers, I don't know if the control module is the same for the Mazda3 or Mazda6 :|

I wish I had a better repport with my dealership, they won't offer to help me with anything :|

·
Registered
245 Posts
There would be no mechanics built into the car to physically release the trunk though, even if you could get the car to recieve the signals though right? It would be infinately cool to get a trunk release button... but I think it would require a little more work, something to recieve the signal and send a message to the trunk to open ya know.

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, I thought the trunk release lever in our Mazda3s just turned on some selenoid to pop the trunk. I was guessing that Mazda6 models were the exact same... maybe Mazda didn't put a remote trunk release button on the key fobs because only "premium, deluxe, and V6 powered machines" got a trunk release? :)

If anyone has a Mazda6 with keyless trunk opening - can you let me know if it has a "lever" to open the trunk when you're inside the car? In a Mazda3, the trunk release lever is next to the gas-cap release lever.

Oh well, pipe dreams...

·
Registered
20 Posts
i asked my dealer if it was possible to put a keyless truck popper on the 3 and he told me that they could do it but it would cost $500. which is a ridiculous price so i told him to forget it and that i might do it aftermarket ( cheaper, and wont void warranty.....so i'm told anyway)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Bump... Ok I would like to know if anyone has successfully programmed an additional remote for their MZ3 and what the instructions are. I have tried the above link and can't get it too work. Also, anyone know where the door light switch is? I can't seem to find it on my 3.

EDIT: Found out how to do it correctly refer to my post:
http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=105269#105269

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The hatch doesn't have a "hatch release lever" in the cabin? Do you have to manually unlock it and lift the gate each time?

I'm not describing some button that you push that pops the hatch or trunk open fully - just one that releases the lock and allows you to open the hatch or trunk lid.

·
Registered
330 Posts
holeydonut said:
The hatch doesn't have a "hatch release lever" in the cabin? Do you have to manually unlock it and lift the gate each time?

I'm not describing some button that you push that pops the hatch or trunk open fully - just one that releases the lock and allows you to open the hatch or trunk lid.
No; Yes-or double click the fob

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Murrato said:
holeydonut said:

No; Yes-or double click the fob

All I have to say is "booooooo" to the hatchback being treated as a 5th door instead of like a trunk :(

I guess Mazda had to carry the whole 5-door HB thing to the extreme...

There's no way to unlock the sedan's trunk using only the fob - but there is a lever near the fuel door release. Of course, you can imagine how annoying it is when you walk up to your trunk and realize you have to use your key to unlock it even though your doors are now unlocked.

The trunk release button on most key fobs becomes a source of envy and disdain because I am now fumbling for my damn key so I can open the damn trunk :(

Why Mazda??? Why???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.