Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I just go twisting things off I thought Id ask how to remove this bulb, its the one to the inside of the bixenon on my 12' GT with Tech package. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Really??? 42 and no one can just say "hey dude just twist it this way..." Jagoffs
A. I have a 1st gen. How the Hell would I know?

B. Have fun figuring it out by yourself, since we're all Jagoffs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The response is better than the question.

To the OP, even if 1000 people viewed your thread and no one has a correct answer they will keep there mouth shut. Or, if you pester and name call you will get a response like Phil's (which I agree with).

If you want to be told to go ahead and twist it do it. If you break it, its not our fault. See how that goes? What if we told you do it and that happens then you blame that person for helping?

Did you check the owner's manual? Did you do more google searching than just on these forums?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well... this used to be a place where people shared knowledge, ideas, or experience. I see it is degraded to nothing but hate...thanks all!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The response is better than the question.

Did you check the owner's manual? Did you do more google searching than just on these forums?
Ummm yes. IF I post something asking for help, I have checked everything I can trying to find it. I have the FSM, the owners manual (which btw says to go to the dealership for bulb changes) and have owned 4 other Mazdas. (I am familiar with them)If you dont have anything helpful to say... well you know. ;-)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2007 Phantom Purple hatch; JBR RMM/busihgs/shifter plate, Koni STR.t's, Michelin Pilot AS3's, Spin on oil filter conversion, stubby antenna, Kenwood KDC-X997 hu + jackbox 8" sub + Infinity speakers + JL 320.4 amp, debadged and door edge guards removed

Congrats on an AWESOME mod! Look man, before you bash, clean up your own yard.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
I viewed this thread to see if you had any images of behind that headlight, I think those headlights are cool.

Not a single local however has those headlights. So I too cannot help, but have viewed this thread multiple times.

Is it not just a twist and pull like the fog / turn signal lights?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know this tread is old. I was looking to replace the "nagare" bulbs in my 13 GT. Sounds like not a lot of people have done it, but I found a thread on another forum.

It's super simple. Get some T10 wedge-style LEDs. I think these are the same as the license plate and glove-box bulbs. Slowly twist the stock bulb housings counter-clockwise from the back of the headlight housing. Slowly pull the old bulbs out. Insert the LED replacements in to the bulb holder. NOTE: Before you insert them back in the housing, check that they work because the polarity only works one way. If they don't work pull the bulb out and reinsert it the other way (clocked 180°). Insert the bulb assembly back into the headlight housing, slowly twist clockwise. SMILE.

LEDs match the stock HIDs soo much better. The next problem will be the foggers will look like total crap. I tried some cheap H11 replacements but they were too long and fit like crap. So I ordered the fog kit from corksport. Works awesome. All lights now at about 6000K!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts