Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the manual GT model have some sort of foot rest for the clutch pedal?

Also, has anybody replaced stock pedals (in any car) with aftermarket aluminum pedals? And how difficult is it to do so?

Thanks.

EDIT: As promised :twisted:

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
There's a foot rest at the left of the clutch pedal yes.

I replaced the stock pedals with aluminum MOMO ones. Not difficult to do IF you have the right tools. Also, take your time. Sometimes you have little place to work on the pedals so you have access to some tools that can help you in tight spots. The gas pedal is the toughest because you have no place to your right to work...it's a bit of a pain but really worth it for me anyways ;)

Here's a thread where you can see the pedals:

http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1080&start=0

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I'll leave this open under a new name and move it (otherwise I have to close it since it's a duplicate topic...).

Therefore, we're moving it to Interior MODS under the name: Replacing Stock Pedals

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
No you don't understand - it looks REALLY good.

I think the HB looks best in Winning blue, red, white and who knows yellow - haven't seen one yet

The sedan is best in black, red, indigo and DEFINITELY orange!

Just my opinion - please no flames :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
M3-GT: how are those pedals? are they slippery when wet?

i'm looking to change my pedals as well, b/c my boots are rubber and it squeaks like crazy when i release the clutch.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
That happens usually in wet weather. But you won't be able to drive barefoot in the summer on your way to Wassaga then...

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
6_funk said:
M3-GT: how are those pedals? are they slippery when wet?

i'm looking to change my pedals as well, b/c my boots are rubber and it squeaks like crazy when i release the clutch.
That was what I was afraid before I started looking at different models. The ones I have are not slippery. The black holes on the pedals are not holes but rubber plugs. So even in winter here when your boots are wet from the snow, your foot won't slip :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
get a dead pedal before you ruin the carpet !

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
smitty said:
get a dead pedal before you ruin the carpet !
Is that a joke, or are you serious? I would like to have some kind of protection on the foot rest, so it doesn't look like crap within 1 winter. I also like the look of the aluminum foot rest with the pedals.

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
turtle said:
lmp180psu said:
Has anyone bought/installed a footrest cover to protect the carpeted footrest? I like the look of the Mazda pedals and footrest for the automatic shown in the link below:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brunoluong/vwp?.dir=/Accessories&.dnm=Alloy+sport+pedals.jpg&.view=t
is there any other way to cover the footrest? i personally don't like the look of the aluminum footrest cover.
I can't understand why Mazda didn't put a dead peddle in there instead of that foot rest :(

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
What is the difference between a "dead pedal" and a "footrest"? I thought they are the same thing.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Looks clean ( and looks easy to clean :)) and classy! I like the look of the Altima dead pedal the best out of those. Are the holes filled in ( e.g. with rubber grips) or are they open to the carpet underneath? I would definitely be interested! Hopefully there is high interest :)

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
PhilGood said:
I know a guy who make custom dead pedal for the Nissan community, he said he can help out. If you guys are interested, I can contact him and we can come up with a design pattern for our 3s. He charged me US$25 for the dead pedal...

Here is his work : http://home.sc.rr.com/gideon/wild_willys_pedals.htm
I'm in.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts