Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 Hatchback Mazda 3. Recently the base for the attenna broke. This is the part that the stuby antenna screws into. So parts of the black plastic chipped off and the spring inside is sticking out.

If I can get the part which part do I need and is this something I can do my self?

Thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts
[quote author=chilump link=topic=69574.msg1209527#msg1209527 date=1171559382]
Its a lease so I think I have to return it stock
[/quote]

I've had a bunch of leases, minor mods like this never were even noticed let alone presenting any problems. But I never returned it to the original dealer either, just gave them the keys as a $0 trade-in. ie traded my end of lease Toyota on a new Chevy, end of lease Chevy on a new Dodge, etc. One car even had an obvious aftermarket stereo, the dealership was just concerned that it had a working radio that fit correctly.

wheels, exhausts, body kits ... thats an entirely different matter.

·
Registered
420 Posts
You should remember that most sharkfin antennas are only for looks and do not actually function as an antenna. If you do go with one that acts as a working antenna, such as the one from visualgarage.com, it probably won't connect to the antenna base. So if you're looking for radio reception you are going to have to replace the base, otherwise a sharkfin would be a good way just to cover up what’s broken. I don’t even know how you would go about replacing the base, it might be a huge pin in the butt.

By the way, how did you break the antenna base? Was it a carwash?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
have you got a hatchback or sedan?:

on the hatchback its very easy to remove... just openthe liftgate, and look for some beige coloured fasteners on the headliner. pop them out and if possible the C pillar too, then you'd have very easy access to the bolt which holds down the base.

but make sure you disconnect the negative side of the battery, as the curtain airbag connectors are very easy to hit too... if ur not carefull..
and if u have a sedan...

well i'll try and mail you a pdf with instructions... wots ur email?? :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.