Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i brought in my new 3 to mazda service department last week(due to some minor problem with the transmission), they were too busy to get the car fixed for that day. So I requested them to provide me with a rental car, the response I got from the service advisor was "Mazda do not usually provide rental cars to customers without extended warranty, they will only CONSIDER providing a rental car when they need to order parts for the car AND the car must be left at the dealership after a full week!!!!"

I think this is totatly ridiculous!! Anybody encounter that at any other dealership?

BTW the dealership I go to is Markham Mazda in Ontario.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's true - without extended warranty it is up to the dealer. Of course lots of dealers will commit to providing their own car to various degrees. Mine gave me a demo to drive while they replaced my windshield (was chipped on delivery) but it is solely at their discretion.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I ordered my Mazda 3 on Dec 13 and was told to expect it about Jan 25.
Sold my previous car Jan 17 but the guy didn't want to pick it up til the 30th. Jan 25 comes along no Mazda. Jan 30 comes - no Mazda. Jan 31 I call the dealership. The computer shows my car was loaded on a truck in Vancouver on 30th. Dealer gave me a red 2000 Protoge off the used car lot and put on dealer plates and after the weekend I was put into one of their service department loaner cars a blue 2000 Protoge. No cost, just put gas in. Check if ur dealer has any service loaners, they should.
BTW Feb 4 still no car. Maybe it's gone back to Japan. Almost 2 friggin months :roll:

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
mooZ mooZ said:
BTW Feb 4 still no car. Maybe it's gone back to Japan. Almost 2 friggin months :roll:
Threaten them that you will find another dealer. They might have sold your car away to a buyer who's willing to pay more.
I ordered my car early November 03 and the dealer told me that my car is gonna arrive mid-January 04. I called in the next few days, told them that another dealer would have the car for me by mid-December. I was pretending that I had visited some local dealerships :p. The dealer called me in 2 weeks, saying that my car had arrived :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Might be good for all new buyers to get a clause in the purchase agreement that Mazda will provide some type of car during service/warranty work. They might just do for the initial warranty period but better than nothing.

You have them by the b..... when you are buying. Once you sign on the dotted line and leave the dealership, the dealer has you by the b......

Kevin

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
This is the first time I bought a car with the extended warranty. Before this I always got a rental car when I took my car in, and I didn't have the extended warranty. I can't believe it-it seems like total BS to me.

W

·
0 Posts
Well, I've got a rental... my 3 just went in last night for the CEL problem, and the dealer set me up with an '02 base Protege. I can't bitch... it did come with a full tank of gas.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Rental/loaner is mostly at the disgression of the dealer. Mazda doesn't pay for a loaner except for extended warranty repairs.

The better dealers will amost always offer a loaner/rental on repairs that require over 2 hours.

Others offer "reduced rates" for rental cars from a near-by car rental place.

Other than oil changes, I don't remember not having a loaner/rental since the mid '90s.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I remember somebody asking about buying from one dealer, and going to another for service.

If you bought your car at a place where they don't "like" you. Do you think if you brought your car to a different deal for warranty work that they would allow you the use of the loaner?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Rental

For the rental car which I just got, they pay if the car is out of service for 5 days. This applies to the Canadian dealerships with the included (not extended warranty). With the extended, it's a 24 hour repair or over.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was reading another thread in this forum for the airbag light issue... some of the mazda owners from canada are getting their rental cars when they bring the car back to the dealership to get the light fix.

So from now on, should I just go to another dealership whenever my car needed to be fix or for the regular service?

·
Registered
947 Posts
odie said:
I remember somebody asking about buying from one dealer, and going to another for service.

If you bought your car at a place where they don't "like" you. Do you think if you brought your car to a different deal for warranty work that they would allow you the use of the loaner?
The loaner is paid by the service department. The sales and service portions of a dealership is usually two separate entities. The parts department is another entity still.

That said, I don't really think whether you purchased the car at a dealer has any bearing on the quality of service you receive, or whether or not you'll get a loaner. At least not in my experience...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts