Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone remove the spoiler from the Hatchback? Or can you order it without? I think I saw pictures of a European or Japanese Mz3 HB without the spoiler and I kinda thought it looked a little sleaker. I've been lurking around the board for about a month now.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
If the sport package is a PIO (port installed option), then you may be able to request that it not be installed, not sure if this is the case with N.A. Mz3s. You may be able to ask the dealer to remove it for you; I wouldn't recommend it since it'll probably leave the holes from the screws used to anchor the spoiler onto the body.

Sucks. I loved those photos of the not sport-package3.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
There is 3 screws... under a plastic panel. 1 screw on each side and one dead center where the 3rd brake light is. They are 10mm screws.

When those are released, there are 2 clips that hold the whole spoiler on. They are a tad bit tought but a little effort will nudge them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is 3 screws... under a plastic panel. 1 screw on each side and one dead center where the 3rd brake light is. They are 10mm screws.

When those are released, there are 2 clips that hold the whole spoiler on. They are a tad bit tought but a little effort will nudge them.
So you end up with 1 Centimeter holes in the roof? That kinda sticks. Have you seen this done or done it yourself?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Took it off myself.

It looks like the factory had the holes there.... because they are painted.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Pics of my car in my sig...

As for pics when the spoiler was off: only took it off so the tinter can mock up the tint on the outside. No pics of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts