Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to get dings removed without painting the car? If so how much should I expect to pay and can anyone recommend a good shop to do this in new jersey. I also have a couple of gashes in my bumper that have removed the paint down to the plastic, can a good body shop just paint the scratches without painting the whole bumper?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
For door dings that didn't hurt the paint, look into paintless dent removal (PDR)...they're able to push the dent back out from the inside without having to repaint. In general, it works great...my car got caught in a hailstorm last summer, and I got a good two dozen little dents all over the hood, roof and trunk; they were able to PDR all of them out in about a day, and the total bill was about $600 (my insurance covered it). For single dents, they run about $30-50 to remove. Sometimes the PDR guy will even just meet you somewhere and remove the dent on the spot.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure what I am supposed to do at that site, but I don't want to become a PDR tech. I just need to find a place in jersey that will do this, but thanks for the help. I don't have any paint damage so hopefully I can find someone to take care of it.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
[quote author=dread link=topic=67413.msg1161066#msg1161066 date=1169413026]
I am not sure what I am supposed to do at that site, but I don't want to become a PDR tech. I just need to find a place in jersey that will do this, but thanks for the help. I don't have any paint damage so hopefully I can find someone to take care of it.
[/quote]

sorry, i updated the link to their consumer site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts