Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to locate a walkthrough or some information on removing the dash around the center vents, but was unable to do so.

Does anybody know how I would go about removing the trim around all of the air vents on the dash? This would relate, hypothetically, to installing LEDs in the air ducts, where I'd need to be able to house a LED and run wires.

· Registered
2,214 Posts
quite simple actually, look on the radio or above the glove box, there's a piece of trim, it's very easily broken, so be careful. There's 4 little clips keeping it on, then a slide, so start from the left, by the radio lcd, and pull it out until 4 clips are out, it should still be attached on the right by the glove box, so you want to pull left so it slides out. After that there are some screws holding in the air vents on, and voala.

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh thank you very much! I never even noticed those screws, even though I've removed that piece of trim countless times. XD

In your opinion, what would be the best way to run the wires through to the cigarette lighter in the armrest? I know how to remove the cupholders and ashtray -- is removing the stereo piece difficult? I figure it would be easiest to run the wires behind that.

Also, how can I access the air ducts on the far left and far right (the ones that swivel). I pulled out that plastic dash from under the wheel and could see the housing for the air duct, but I can't physically get into it like I could for the two ducts over the stereo. Would I have to drill those to insert an LED or is there a way to get in there?

· Registered
2,214 Posts
well running behind the radio is quite simple, remove the other screws on there and the radio should pop out as well. Then it's all about running wires where you want them. As far as the other vents, i'm not sure, i haven't messed with those much, but if i were to do it, i'd say run it to the left along the door trim, under the driver's side mat, into the center console, then to your switch or whatever you're hooking these lights too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.