its super easy..i had to take mine out in order to run the power cable for my valentine one. the pillar just pops off...dont be afraid to put pressure on it...the way its bent makes it clip itself into the body. its super easy..just pop em off !!
• The side air bag sensor is attached to the lower part of the B-pillar. When working around the B-pillar, disconnect the negative battery cable or work carefully, avoiding excessive impact to the lower part of the B-pillar.
• The ELR (emergency locking retractor) has a spring that will unwind if the retractor cover is removed. The spring cannot be rewound by hand. If this occurs, the ELR will not work properly. Therefore, do not disassemble the retractor.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
3. Remove the front door sill plate.
4. Remove the rear door sill plate
5. Remove the B-pillar lower trim. (See B-PILLAR LOWER TRIM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
6. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
Front seat belt
7. Install in the reverse order of removal.
IMAGE ATTACHED, there is a bolt under the plastic that takes the belt off hope this helps
A forum community dedicated to Mazda 3 and all Mazda vehicle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about MazdaSpeed performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!