Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some tips on removing nightshaed spray tint. and getting them back to a nice new polished look???

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i was thinking about that. but im also gonna have to sand to get it off with some 600 grit. and then maybe wet sand with like 2000 grit to get the polish back. what u think??

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I think I answer all your questions and someone else should answer this time :p

Yeah you can do that there is some how to's on wet sanding and polishing that would work no problems.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol i can always rely on you. :) oh by the way. i checked out the new tutorials. great job. that spring installation really cleared up some questions i had about the install. how are the road magnets feeling??

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think you should hit it with some 320 or 400 then go back with 1500 and 2000 grit wetsanding. Then buy some good polish and they should look great. I did this a buddies headlights and they turned out all nice and new looking. If you really want to have some shine and look great...check out the headlight cleaning/restore kit from your local walmart. Its 20 bux and comes with a great polish and clear coat to appy for that deep shine. It also comes with 1000 and 2000 grit paper. All you need with that is a sheet of 400 grit to get started on it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everyone for the help. i wet sanded with goof off and it literally fell off the plastic.lol. GOOF OF IS AMAZING STUFF.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts