Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided to get one of those amplified bass tubes (audiobahn). This will be the second system in the Mazda3(if you wanna call this one a system).
I used the same remote wire hook-up as on the write up that is on here, but it looks to be a 12v that is one when the car is on. Did anyone find one that comes on only when you turn the radio on? If not I'll be testing some tomorrow.

--Herb--

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
The wire I listed in my site is an accessory wire. Once power is at the headunit, everything else happens inside. Meaning the radio dont send power out anywhere. I looked around and didnt find one and Im 100% positive there isnt one.

So unfortunately, the only thing you can do to control your amp/bass tube is to install a switch.

vB

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vaBooM said:
The wire I listed in my site is an accessory wire. Once power is at the headunit, everything else happens inside. Meaning the radio dont send power out anywhere. I looked around and didnt find one and Im 100% positive there isnt one.

So unfortunately, the only thing you can do to control your amp/bass tube is to install a switch.

vB
Gotcha. A switch sounds like a plan.
Thanks

--Herb--

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Make sure you get a decent sized switch, that can handle 2A or so. The remote on most electronics dont need too much to turn on, but a very small switch can heat up and stop working correctly. Make you fuse it as well.

Best idea would be to throw a relay in. Just in case.

vB

·
Registered
91 Posts
vaBOOM, I just spent a couple minutes looking over your guide and I probably just didn't see it, but what did you use as a remote turn on for your amps?
I've always used an aftermarket headunit that had a remote output wire in the back so I don't know what I would use to send the signal with a factory headunit. I always had the impression that the signal (remote) wire sent a very low current and voltage to the amp. Could I use the 12 volt illumination wire? Maybe there is something even easier that you used. Thanks for your help. You are very valuble to this forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.