Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a remote start system from my local Target (Great deal.. the unit went clearance 75% and I got it for $20). Here is a link to the site: http://www.designtech-intl.com/diy.asp It is the Basic Remote Car Starter with Keyless Entry 24923 MSRP $109.99.

Here are my questions. I only bought it because it was a great deal. However, is this worth installing on my 3? I have a 2006 Mazda 3 iTouring. I do not think it has any special alarm system installed. All it has is a basic keyless entry system. Will I be able to install this remote start myself on my 3? Do i need some speical bypass module even though my 3 has no alarm? Will this void warranty? If it does, cant I just simply unhook the wires when I need to bring it into the shop?

Please educate me on this.. I do not want to do anything "illegal" in the eyes of the dealership or even mess up my new baby.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
At the very least you're going to need a bypass module for the immobilizer system. There's a chip in the Mazda3 keys that talks to the car's computer. If they key doesn't match what it's expecting, the car doesn't start. They mention it in the instructions, and specifically say it's not included.

Your dealer could probably throw a shitfit if he sees of these installed and void certain parts of your warranty. If you throw a rod it isn't going to matter, but if you short something in your electrical system out chances are they aren't going to cover it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts