Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought the car today.

it's a 2007, I believe it's the GX model (called the 3i in the US?)
it's basically the lowest model but it has as options the air conditioning, power windows and mirrors and power doors.

now, it has power doors but did not come with the remotes, only the keys. dealer didn't have them.

is there any possibility to have power doors but not have the option of remotes? I believe the previous owner just didn't give them (god knows why) or the dealer lost them, but before I buy some off ebay, I want to make sure the car will actually work with them.

so, if I have power doors, does it automatically mean I should have the remotes? (receiver installed in the car)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought an 05 a couple of months ago, also with a missing remote. While signing the papers at the dealer I noticed the window sticker that lists the car description and all the options said it came with a remote. I pointed this out and they caved and ordered me one. Did you get a look at your window sticker?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the window sticker had very little information.

most of the information was on their website (actually several of those online auto sale sites) and it did say remote doors.

in the end I don't care about the cost if I can buy it off ebay for 20$, but I want to make sure that if I have power locks, then the remote will work.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
You might want to try giving Mazda Canada a call; if you give them your VIN, they may be able to tell you if your car is compatible with keyless entry.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you bought a 2007 Mazda 3 GX (i.e. Canadian model), then by default it does not come with remote fobs. Check out mazda.ca --> Vehicles --> Archives --> 2007 --> Mazda3 to see the Specs and Features.

Best thing to do is to check with the dealer to see if they the car can support keyless entry. If not, you may need to install an aftermarket kit and not just buy fobs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts