Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a reminder, per member discussion and decision some years ago, it was decided to merge this section with the Regional sections of all FMVperformance Automotive Communities Mazda forums. This helps to facilitate cross-model meets and discussion. At the present time, this includes Mazda3Forums.com, Mazda6Drivers.com, CX7club.com and MazdaSpeeders.com.

·
Registered
1 Posts
radiator fan quit on 2005 Mazda MX6

My daughter just purchased a used 2005 Mazda MX6 and it wasn't long before her radiator fan quit. It had a recall and a module was replaced two years ago, so they won't do it again. Now, without the fan it overheats. Wondering if anyone out there has had the same problem and had it repaired? Wondering if anyone can be of help in letting me know what you did to get the radiator fan going again. I even had her try turning on the A/C, knowing that if the system was working properly, that it would turn on the fan. That didn't work, and, she stated that the A/C doesn't work either, all quit on the same day and maybe at the same time and not noticed. Could se some help! Matt

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
Definitely not the right threadfor this, but the MX-6 was only made until 97. Perhaps you mean a 2005 MZ6/ Mazda6?
Best bet is to check the fuses/relays, soundsl ike that's the issue. Run a search for Technical Service Bulletins and/or Recalls on the car and if you can find the one related to the rad fan, then you'll know exactly what part needs to be replaced and usually how to do it yourself as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts