Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paid around 60 bcusk for the pair. And you can't even install them. I was following the instructions, waiting for the "click" noise and it will never come. The design of the wipers are so gayass. They are of different design than the original Reflex wipers. Did anyone have the chance to put them on? I'm taking them back...even after I've used the "preparation wipes."

:mad:

·
Registered
124 Posts
just return'em. they looked shitty too. i wonder why they changed the first gen versions of the wiper. they looked much better and their clips to the wiper arms seemed to be better...
b

[quote author=neomonkey link=topic=65850.msg1128544#msg1128544 date=1167698619]
Paid around 60 bcusk for the pair. And you can't even install them. I was following the instructions, waiting for the "click" noise and it will never come. The design of the wipers are so gayass. They are of different design than the original Reflex wipers. Did anyone have the chance to put them on? I'm taking them back...even after I've used the "preparation wipes."

:mad:
[/quote]

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
sorry to hear that, neo. I haven't had any experience the reflex wipers but I am very happy with my PIAA silicone wipers.

You can get them at cardomain.com (shipped free to Canada) for about US$45 (or you can get the fancier CF look or sporza style).

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have both reflew (new and older generation). They are super easy to install. Takes like a minute if you do it right. Didn't even need to force. Just turn and clip.

You are not the 1st to complain, but the others who complain didn't install them properly. I've been using reflex for close to 2 years now and never had a problem.

Video to show how solid they are.
http://roge.amatsumikoshiro.com/installation/wipers.mov

The proper way to install them is to turn them sideways so you don't brake the side clips (like the pic), then turn the wiper to the correct direction. No force needed at all.

Once installed the 2 pins circled in red holds the wiper.

·
Registered
887 Posts
+1 roge!^^
I found them to be a pain too... especially when it is cold out and my hands were freezing. Once they were on I was happy, they do a great job. Did anyone actually apply the Wet-Tec from the tampons? (still don't get the name :p)

I assume it is just like Rain-Ex... but I didn't bother.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=roge link=topic=65850.msg1132850#msg1132850 date=1167932411]
I have both reflew (new and older generation). They are super easy to install. Takes like a minute if you do it right. Didn't even need to force. Just turn and clip.

You are not the 1st to complain, but the others who complain didn't install them properly. I've been using reflex for close to 2 years now and never had a problem.

Video to show how solid they are.
http://roge.amatsumikoshiro.com/installation/wipers.mov

The proper way to install them is to turn them sideways so you don't brake the side clips (like the pic), then turn the wiper to the correct direction. No force needed at all.

Once installed the 2 pins circled in red holds the wiper.

[/quote]

Hey Rogue,
Just checked this thread after posting it about a week ago. I just want to thank you for taking time to post pics and further tips and instructions. I haven't had the chance to try it out yet. But I will see how it goes later tonight. Thanks again...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I use Bosch Icons, they're fugging awesome. Much better than the first generation reflexes, haven't tried seconds.
In any case, way cool looking. :D

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
I have some rainex ones in my trunk...need to swap my wipers soon, when my car isn't so DURRRTAY

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
mine have always just snapped on.....never ever had a problem installing wipers before

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've been using reflex wippers on my grand am ever since Canadian Tire has been selling them. They were always easy to install and worked wonders and lasted longer as long as I kept using rainex. On my Mazda5 though, that was another story. It didn't wipe throughout the whole length of the wippers and the 26 inch was really expensive compared to the 18 inch which I was used to buy. Finally it broke after a month when the wipper was stuck in ice and I had to use the factory wipper since then. I'm going to have to find an alternative for next winter because the factory wipper is NOT an option in the kind of weather we have here.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
[quote author=blam link=topic=65850.msg1141276#msg1141276 date=1168380727]
mine have always just snapped on.....never ever had a problem installing wipers before
[/quote]

Really? I was going to tell the original poster that they are a bitch to put on. I was thinking the same thing he was, "Where is the damn 'click'?!" You really have to pull on them, or least on mine I did.

Work great after that. That is, I think they do, I don't have that car anymore.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
[quote author=JP3G link=topic=65850.msg1642976#msg1642976 date=1187221696]
yeah, they do suck; but they are the best lookin.. :?
[/quote]

Do people seriously buy wipers because they look good? Actually a better question is, do the people that buy wiperes because they good look actually believe other people notice their wipers and say, "Damn, those some nice wipers!"

·
Registered
887 Posts
[quote author=Wheelhouse link=topic=65850.msg1644504#msg1644504 date=1187278161]
[quote author=JP3G link=topic=65850.msg1642976#msg1642976 date=1187221696]
yeah, they do suck; but they are the best lookin.. :?
[/quote]

Do people seriously buy wipers because they look good? Actually a better question is, do the people that buy wiperes because they good look actually believe other people notice their wipers and say, "Damn, those some nice wipers!"

[/quote]

I think what "they" (correct me if I am wrong folks) mean is they are more subtle in styling and very slim so you don't see them. Every detail counts dude!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: Reflex Wetec Wipers are poorly designed

Just bought 2 Reflex Wetec wipers and I cannot have them click in place. I looked above for the posting with the video "how to", but it does not work.

I looked at the installation diagram on the package. The mazda uses the hook with the hole into which the snapfit of the wiper is supposed to click and this standard is shown on the instruction. Normal wipers do just fine. This is the first time I buy Reflex wipers and their flexible detail does not seem to have a pin on it to click into place.

Apparently, it might be possible to have the plastic connector replaced with one that works if you go to the part desk at Canadian Tire. To be confirmed.

I succeded to slide them in without inverting the wiper in relation to the car wiper arm, it slides in but not all the way. I do not want to break it, I get stuck and I force a lot, so I stop because I must do something wrong.

Obviously, I am not the first one struggling with such a bad design. Can someone talk be trough this thing. Tks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts