Red or Black tail light

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, couldn't decide on which tail light to go with my winning blue sedan. What do you guys think? Which one matches what color best?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I havn't even seen the black tail light but it just sounds good. What is it just a red taillight with a tinted lense on it or something?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ahhhh, he meant the clear tail lights. Haha Thanks, I have been doing a bunch of research and just havn't heard them called "black tail lights" before. But in any case I stand by my decision the clear lens tail lights look great! Plus they come with the S model anyways so I am in the clear.

·
Registered
383 Posts
if it were up to me i would get the red taillights, then smoke them to a light black

I don't really like the clear look :?
i'm glad they offer red or black lights with the sedan...(i think?)

---edit---
lol i'll be the only one to vote for red.

·
Registered
67 Posts
well, it would be easier to smoke the clear lenses then it would the red ones. As a matter of fact you could disassemble them and have the insides tinted. Then once you put them back together you would have a really nice smoked look without having to go over the red lense.

·
Registered
383 Posts
well i like the more.."black with a little bit of color"...in this case...a dark red look, as opposed to an all black look (or perhaps gray with a light smoke).

Here's an example of the red with a smoked look to it:

i dunno if that may be too dark to see it...but i think those are red with a bit of smoke to them. That's the kind of look i'd like for a winning blue sedan. :D and with the tinted windows too

·
Registered
238 Posts
hm.....that's actually not bad
but i'm a little worried that they may be too dark

maybe i'll do it once i see some more pictures of it

·
Registered
67 Posts
nah, you can see it pretty good there. Those look good. I am still like the clear ones. I wouldn't like them if they looked like those ricer lights that you pick up at the auto parts/gorcery store that every kid with an eclipse/Integra puts on thier car, I REALLY don't like those. But the 3's are clean looking and don't overly stand out from the car. I don't think you can go wrong with this car either way you choose, they both look pretty nice.

·
Registered
383 Posts
if you do take some pics of it right away 8)

if you smoke the lights yourself you can decide how much you want by applying more or less coats anyway...so it's all up to you how much you think is too dark

You may be able to see the example there better in the full sized picture (to see more detail), but it was 1024res so I sized it down for the forum

·
Registered
383 Posts
yea i don't quite like the altezza light look that those people with civics and integras and even some accords like to do. Since they also come with a carbonfiber/gunmetal look rather than the standard silver, that might be why i'm turned away from the clear lenses.

The new lexus suv also come with clear all black taillights and i don't like those at all either.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Maybe, because I know if they looked anything like that or reminded me of them I wouldn't go anywhere near them. I guess when I saw them they reminded me more of the RX-8's totally kick rule all tail lights and thats why I like them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts