Mazda3 Forums banner

What color of tinted taillights looks better?

• Black

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Red

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. I have the Velocity Red Mazda 3 and I am in need of your help. I am going to tint my tail lights using VHT Nite-Shades. My only trouble is there are not a lot of red mazdas that have done this and I cannot decide on which color tint would look better. Here are some pics to help give you an idea.
I need your opinion on what color tint would look best.

·
Premium Member
6,350 Posts
Aitch's taillights must have been crazy hard to do, not just a simple spray job with nightshades, otherwise that that would be my #1 pick.
The super dark tint looks really bad IMO, not to mention it is very obviously illegal.
Personally I would just go for a smoked look, or you could go with red. But looking at the pure red tails again, they really don't look great either. Smoke or nothing.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
All red tails always look better.
Always.

An extremely light darkening tint can look very good on a light color to dull down the brightness of chrome and whatnot usually found in taillights, but it's hard to get right.

But, like I said, red always looks better.
Even Mazda knows so.
2010 Sema car.

·
Premium Member
6,350 Posts
Thanks cab0oze for the opinion and the idea. Looked up Aitch's page and used it for reference. Here's what 4 heavy coats of red looks like (used up 95% of the can). Very Happy with the result.
Wow that turned out really well... great job man!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks cab0oze for the opinion and the idea. Looked up Aitch's page and used it for reference. Here's what 4 heavy coats of red looks like (used up 95% of the can). Very Happy with the result.
Did have to tape of the triangle in the middle of the taillight to keep it clear in that shape?
Also it looks really nice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts