Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looked so hot in the showroom that I instantly fell in love (though, I've stated before that I think all colors look really good on this car). Recently, I happened to see a winning blue HB on the road and i'm not sure if it was the clouds/sky or what, but it appeared to have a hue of 'perriwinkle' to it that turned me off. For those of you that don't know, perriwinkle is like a very girly light blue color. I've seen some pics of peoples winning blues on this forum and noticed the same hue, now i'm considering black. Have any of you noticed this?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Not really, winning blue all the way for me.

I couldn't find one with the options I wanted though... so I went for a Lava Orange. I take some comfort knowing that Lava Orange is not as common. :)

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I'm a happy camper with my winning blue. Girls notice my car. If that's what you mean by girly then yes. :wink: j/k

·
Registered
882 Posts
Winning Blue finished third for me, but it is a pretty nice colour, chicks dig it so take that whatever way you want. Either it's good for the potential attention or it's bad cause your homies will call you a girl. Nobody would have critiqued my colour in my group though cause we are not a bunch of tools. ;)

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I'm really happy I chose that color. I had a black car before and loved it too but this is defenitly a younger color. And by younger I don't mean age but fun.

I haven't noticed that perriwinkle you are talking about and I do look at my car a lot....my GF calls me crazy lol.

·
Registered
290 Posts
king chile said:
My RX-7 is black - and my advice to you wold be to stock up on the quarters for the car wash :D
But nothin shines like a black car but it has to be spotless and that means a lot of car wash time. I would suggest the "Girly Black Mica" (j/k)
BTW, my GT is Winning Blue and I have heard nothing but positive stuff from my friends on this color. Actually, all the colors look great on this car IMO

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow...i had a different opinion than you,king chile, i thought winning blue was a little bland and that strato blue was a much sharper, and therefore better choice for me....but those pictures you showed make winning blue a whole lot nicer....if you're doing some sort of reverse psychology, it sure is working on me....hehe...

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
strato blue is much nicer in person than the winning blue IMO. uh oh, let the flame wars commence! I like most of the colors of the 3 though, red being my favorite, however I do have a black car and love it!

·
Registered
5,673 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I think the Strato Blue looks too purple especially in overhead night lighting, but agree that all of the MZ3 colors will not ellicit the reaction, " How could you pick that ugly color for your new car".

·
Registered
427 Posts
I just visited a lot that had Mz3's in every color. I spent 20 minutes walking around looking at them, and came away thinking that Winning Blue was the nicest of them all on the hatch. No odd tints at all.

And I also found Strato Blue to look a bit purplish to me. It also showed dirt badly, almost like black. I normally like dark blues, but this color has too much purple in it (and I was looking under natural light, it has got to look much more so at night) for me.

I've never been able to figure this out, but some colors look better on some cars than others. When looking at the Mz3's, I liked the Titanium Gray much better on the sedan than I did the hatch.

YMMV

The Mazda colors are all decent. I still like VW's colors better than any other manufacturer, and I hate nearly all of Honda's colors.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha no i didn't mean to this turn into flame wars, i think they all look nice, but i was seriously debating between winning blue and black (had seen both of them in person) and then i saw the winning blue on the road, out of the somewhat misleading lights in the showroom (i'm guessing) i thought it would look just like subaru blue, but it looked more like the neon (as in dodge) light blue, just wondering if anyone else knows what i'm talking about. If this pisses anyone off, my apologies

·
Registered
34 Posts
I really liked both blues - but the Indigo only is available on the Sedan, so winning blue it was. The underlying color is light - as opposed to the Indigo, or a Black etc, so the dirt isn't too bad on it.
I'm very happy with it after a month!

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Lava orange looks nicer on the sedan IMO.

My faves:
Sedan: Indigo/Strato Blue, Lava/Sunset Orange, Black Mica, Tit Grey.
Hatch: Winning Blue, Solar Yellow, Rally/Arctic White, Velocity Red, Tit Grey.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts