Mazda3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for an intake on a 2.3l hatch??
was looking at AEM & KNN i want something to make it sound nice not "ricey". Eventually going to get exhaust too, so maybe someting that would go good with exhaust. idk just looking for opinions.
Thanks ,
G-Money :p

· Registered
860 Posts
Intake will not make the car sound ricey though it todes slightly make the engine louder. There are a ton of posts about intakes and reviews of them. Use the search feature and you will be able to find a lot of info. There may even be a sticky for intakes under performance. I have the AEM with dry filter on my car and love it. I have the Injen with AEM dry filter on my wife's car and love that as well. I dont think there is much of a performance difference between the 2. At least nothing I could notice without putting them on a dyno but its not worth it imo to do that. The gain difference is very small 1-2hp I think. I do like the filter location of the Injen more since the filter sits higher. The AEM filter sits much lower. So if you plan to lower your car this would be something to consider or if you are concerned by hydroplaning.

· Registered
5,032 Posts
An intake won't make your car sound ricey. If you're looking for low end power, go with simota cf sri or the k&n. If you're looking for high end...any cai will do. f2 has the biggest one which will have most up top gains and simota tc cai has the higher sitting filter so it'll have best mid range. I've heard that the aem's will throw cels when it rains because of the fact that the filter sits so low.

EDIT - damn i got beat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.