Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if any members had any input on dealers to go to for oil changes. Closest dealer to me is Giuffre, but i've heard bad stories about their sales staff, and being in Brooklyn, its probably all true. I also have HID's in my car, so a dealer who won't give me any trouble for those would be great. Willing to go into NJ as well but not too far. If any one can help me out with positive or negative recommendations, that would be most appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am in Bay Ridge, only 4 blocks from Guiffre and I wouldn't go near that place. I go to Wantagh Mazda near the Nassau/Suffolk border and have been happy with that so far. It may be an easier time since I am out there on weekends, its about 40 miles one way.

Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=139356.msg3003188#msg3003188 date=1237428536]
40 miles each way...in that amount of time you could easily DIY at home, assuming you have a spot to do it in! ;) Just saying is all :)
[/quote]

I live in an apartment, so that's part of the problem :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=139356.msg3003188#msg3003188 date=1237428536]
40 miles each way...in that amount of time you could easily DIY at home, assuming you have a spot to do it in! ;) Just saying is all :)
[/quote]

This is my 48th car, and the first one I ever paid anyone to do an oil change on. I have had too many problems with past/company cars with personal receipts and warranty claims, so I just drop this off at the dealer.

Plus it is hard to find a spot on the 5th floor to do an oil change :p

·
Registered
77 Posts
Koeppel Mazda on Northern Blvd in Woodside, Queens is mostly OK.

At least, they have not tried to hose me yet.

--------------------------------------
Having said that, I prefer to get everything I can done by the neighborhood independent repair shop, where they know me, I know them, and I know they always do good honest work.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I been to Koppel Mazda in Queens a few times for oil change, nothing to complain. But don't even step a foot into Giuffre Mazda!! The worst, they got oil stains on my passenger seat, scratched the inside of my car and waited 113 minutes to pick up the car after they called me to pick up the car. Anybody know a good non-dealer place in NYC?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts